palin duped

User-1229748 05:12 02 Nov 2008

when you hear the prankster he sounds more like inspector clouseauclick here

User-1229748 05:14 02 Nov 2008

just thought i'd add i don't want obama to win :o(

newman35 08:44 02 Nov 2008

Sorry, but there's no way I want that extreme lady to be just a 72 year old heartbeat away from the nuclear trigger.
She has already displayed ineptitude at many points in the campaign, the thought of her as President is terrifying.

Forum Editor 08:55 02 Nov 2008

Have you any idea who is a "heartbeat away from the nuclear trigger" in the world at the moment?

Sarah Palin is the last person I would be worrying about; she's a woman, and that fact alone would almost certainly mean that (even if she was ever in the position) she wouldn't pull the trigger, or sanction anyone else's pulling of it without a huge amount of deliberation.

Don't underestimate Palin - there's a good deal more to her than meets the eye. Just because someone makes a few mistakes when under the super-intense glare of the pre-election spotlight, it doesn't mean they're incapable of coherent thought.

johndrew 10:30 02 Nov 2008

`.. she's a woman, and that fact alone ..`

You may well be wrong - luckily there is no evidence either way for her personally - but perhaps you would like to consider your comment a little more carefully.

Golda Meir was a woman and was very clear on her position for the use of nuclear weapons. This is also true of Margaret Thatcher - evidenced by comments during the 1982 Falklands conflict. I believe there is a strong possibility that Sarah Palin is of a similar type to both these ladies. After all you make very little progress in high politics without having a good piece of hardness in your core makeup.

newman35 10:40 02 Nov 2008

"Have you any idea who is a "heartbeat away from the nuclear trigger" in the world at the moment?"

I was merely expressing the view that I, personally' would not like to see her voted in and become President.
I do realise your view of the difference between genders (and pulling triggers) is quaint, given the increasingly violent behaviour of women in today's world. Such old fashioned charm!

I still feel that she is too much of a risk for the highest office, at this time

Forum Editor 10:59 02 Nov 2008

I wasn't for a moment suggesting that women aren't perfectly capable of decisive action - simply that they tend to make decisions based on other criteria to those used by men. In the main, women are inclined to resolve problems by talking, and resort to physical aggression as a last resort. The same can't be said of most men - they turn to aggression far earlier in the process.

Forum Editor 11:05 02 Nov 2008

My view of the difference between the genders might seem quaint and full of old-fashioned charm to you, but that's because you obviously don't know the facts.

Take a look at the statistics on crime and violence (past and present), and you'll see that women are far less likely to use violence than men.

Quaint and old-fashioned? I don't think so - my comments were based on fact, whilst yours are based on supposition.

User-1229748 11:47 02 Nov 2008

i thought it was funny that the prankster sounded like inspector clouseau,that's all.i put the second post so people didn't think it was because i wanted obama to win :O(

newman35 11:48 02 Nov 2008

"..and you'll see that women are far less likely to use violence than men."

But, surely, even you must accept, this is changing?

" ..but that's because you obviously don't know the facts." - and you always claim to??

Condom 14:45 02 Nov 2008

I think there was a period in the 60's when the 3 main wars in the world were all being conducted by women leaders. Israel, Sri Lanka and I can't rememeber the other one. I'm with Newman35 on this.

FE spend more time clearing these sites of unwanted adverts about shoes and leave these ramblings to us experts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?