One schools answer to the ice cream van.

bumpkin 21:18 19 Apr 2018

My grand daughter goes to a good school but in the summer the ice cream man comes and parks van on the zigzag lines. Complaints including phographs of the van and its registration are passed to the police but no action is taken. Polite requests to move have failed. Icecream van sells them for £2.00 to £3.50. The school now sells the same just inside its gates fdr 50p or £1.00.

canarieslover 21:37 19 Apr 2018

My grandson and I much prefer a McFlurry but I applaud the school for their action on this problem. Just hope that they aren't the same icecream vendors as we're around in the 60's and 70's. click here

Aitchbee 21:58 19 Apr 2018

.. back in the sixties it was ok to sell cigarettes to children as young as eight. now it's sugar that seems to be the problem. it's all relative. willyenogiveusabreakgonny.

bumpkin 19:29 20 Apr 2018

* whole squad of traffic wardens appeared in a couple of minutes and ticketed the whole lot.*

So they should, this is a narrow lane with legally parked vehicles along one side leaving only one lane open past the school. With vehicles parked on the zigzags and others inconsiderably parked close to the exit means you have to pull out from the school with no vision of what may be coming just hoping it is not some idiot that thinks it's a race track.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs