With one day to go before the EU referendum

Forum Editor 10:15 16 Apr 2016

I'm wondering if you have decided which way you'll be voting.

I'm not asking you to disclose which way you'll vote, although you're welcome to do so, if you wish. What I'm interested in is whether or not you have made up your mind, or whether you're undecided.

If you are still not sure, have you found that any information you've seen or heard has been helpful, or do you instinctively dismiss most of it as part of the inevitable posturing of those politicians and business leaders who have vested interests in the UK either staying in the EU or exiting?

It would be good if we can avoid diatribes against the government and/or EU mandarins - we've seen more than enough of that already. Your personal feelings about how you set about deciding are what I'm after, rather than your political leanings.

My own situation is that I'm wavering. I thought I knew exactly what we should do, but over the past few weeks I've been doing a lot of thinking, and now I readily admit to not yet being 100% certain about how I'll vote.

Forum Editor 22:54 21 Apr 2016

Flak999

I don't think I can recall seeing a more perfect example of plain old-fashioned xenophobia. You don't seriously believe all that rubbish about domination and descent into servitude, do you?

You need to stop being scared of foreigners, it will blight your life.

Flak999 22:56 21 Apr 2016

Quickbeam

"Poor taste,"

In your opinion, not mine!

Flak999 22:59 21 Apr 2016

Forum Editor

"it will blight your life."

It already does!

hssutton 16:58 22 Apr 2016

Not been around for the past few days norovirus and my wife is still in quite a bad state , but in reply to Lastchip with whom I'm in almost 100% agreement

"Yes, the world is a very different place, but being ruled by Brussels (and make no mistake, that's exactly what's happening) is not an option"

I would say that Brussels is being ruled by Germany and in particular Frau Merkel, I didn't see the problem of Immigration being discussed in the EU Parliment. It was the decision of Angela Merkel to allow upwards of a million migrants to flood into Europe, probably knowing full well that once they get an EU passport they will be able to then move to the country of their choice. Merkel (Germany)is the De Facto leader of the EU, they provide the bulk of the finance, so every one bows down to them. After what this country went through in the past. I want no part of it. Age is against me so it won't really affect my life so much, But on asking them for their opinion, they also want no part of it. That includes my eldest who faces the trauma of the 'Jungle' Calais on a 1/2 weekly basis after traveling around Europe.

Bazzaman 17:16 22 Apr 2016

Interesting article in yesterday's London Evening Standard (click here ) by Grant Lewis (head of research at Daiwa Capital Markets Europe).

Worth reading the complete article.

john bunyan 17:35 22 Apr 2016

I think the weakness in the Brexit camp is the lack of support for their views by so many internationally respected organisations; their Parliamentary proposers just say all these people are wrong (Obama, all NATO partners, too many others to name). Brexit need to find a lot more world respected views in favour of their views. I remain undecided and dislike many of the EU rules - particularly the legal issues , but am impressed by the weight and variety of non Government expert views on the matter. The recent "Question Time" seemed biased in favour of Brexit - only Paddy Ashdown arguing in the "Remain" camp. Maybe, if Remain wins, the EU will listen more to the many objections raised during the run up to the referendum.

Quickbeam 17:40 22 Apr 2016

"...and dislike many of the EU rules - particularly the legal issues"

Me too, if I could find one strong and credible reason to exit, I would consider it seriously, but so far it's all hopeful thinking.

daz60 17:52 22 Apr 2016

I am a little surprised that UKIP,whose baby this was,have not produced a document outlining the strategy they hope to take in the event of a no vote,or maybe i missed it.It seems to me that the 'Remain' camp have a far greater and deeper grasp on the issues even though it is speculative.

It seems from my reading anyway that we will be damned if we do {leave} and damned if we don't.

Will Obamas speech make a difference though,watching him and Camerons 'bromance' on the news had me rushing for the exit literally and figuratively.

Quickbeam 18:33 22 Apr 2016

UKIP will be a redundant irrelevance after the referendum.

If we vote out, they are not a credible political force.

If we vote in, it'll be another 40 years 'til the next one...

hssutton 18:50 22 Apr 2016

How do you like blackmail? ref. Obama: Britain would go to the ‘back of the queue' with US trade deals if it leaves the EU. Will this statement by Obama terrify the Brexit camp? I say to hell with Obama, he will be out of a job before long.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

The year's best animated short Hair Love is finally online

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Cdiscount : la PS4 Pro 1 To + 5 jeux à moins de 400 €