Hot Topics

Oh no - a story for the Press to get excited about

Clapton is God 12:18 27 Nov 2017

Apparently the Queen's grandson, Harry, will marry an American divorcee in Spring.

No doubt the press and TV will bore us to tears with this "news" for the next 6 months.

canarieslover 13:30 27 Nov 2017

Obviously not too many on here are excited. The post is over an hour old without a comment!!

Al94 14:31 27 Nov 2017

Leader of the DUP got it spectacularly wrong as she does with most things BBC News Managed to spell her name wrong in both tweets as well!

1]: [click here

Old Deuteronomy 15:24 27 Nov 2017

Man going to marry woman...

Clapton is God 15:41 27 Nov 2017

Belatucadrus and Old Deuteronomy - love it! ;-))

Flak999 16:15 27 Nov 2017

Rich Privileged playboy to marry social climbing sycophant!

Move along, nothing to see here!

Menzie 17:17 27 Nov 2017

Turned off TV this morning and watched Netflix instead before work as that is all they had this morning on the Canadian news.

I've escaped any news on the Beckham's but unfortunately not the Royal Family.

Forum Editor 17:57 27 Nov 2017

I know it has become fashionable to pretend that members of the Royal family aren't newsworthy, but they are. Millions of people are very interested in them and their lives.

Petty cynicism and disparagement will no doubt come from some quarters, but the fact is, Meghan and Harry will probably do more to improve the image of the Royal family than all the rest of them put together - the Queen excepted.

Quickbeam 18:05 27 Nov 2017

I find it more interesting as to how Belatucadrus put that big emoji animation in...

Flak999 18:07 27 Nov 2017

"Megan and Harry will probably do more to improve the image of the Royal family than all the rest of them put together"

Really?... I suppose it depends how long this marriage endures! I just hope that in this time of austerity, the long suffering British public aren't expected to foot the bill for this multi millionaires nuptials!

But you know what? I bet we will!

bumpkin 18:11 27 Nov 2017

"No doubt the press and TV will bore us to tears with this "news" for the next 6 months."

You are optimistic, years on end is more likely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?