Oh, all right I admit it ...

Clapton is God 12:12 20 Sep 2008

... having only taken the plunge in the last couple of days and replaced IE6 with IE7 on my PC, I'm growing to like this tabbed browsing.

Yeah, I know, where have I been until now? ;-)

Forum Editor 23:35 21 Sep 2008

in a new tab - that's a bit old hat as far as Chrome is concerned - just drag the favourite's icon from the bookmark bar onto the plus sign to the right of the tabs and drop it there.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:59 22 Sep 2008

Opera can be set to open a favourite in a new tab by default.

DieSse 19:45 22 Sep 2008

"As for the middle click button opening a favourite...

Somehow, click seems simpler than click and drag to me.

DieSse 19:56 22 Sep 2008

"The only 'middle button' I can think of is the one on my mouse and it doesn't do anything when I click it over a link."

Well if you've changed it's function, no wonder. You made it sound like an issue!

Look guys - you surf how you like - I was only pointing out another way. If you want to have blank tabs - have 'em.

Personally it seems like a redundant step to me - my new tabs appear automatically when I invoke what I want to happen in them. Hey-ho, each to their own.

All sounds a bit like the old "program-centric" way of working, when you invoke a program then choose what you want to do - rather than the "data-centric" way where you choose what data you want, and the appropriate program opens.

lotvic 21:17 22 Sep 2008

If I click (press down) the wheel on my mouse on ANY link, bookmark or on a webpage it opens the link in a new tab

Further to that in firefox Tools> Options > Tabs
I can choose, by ticking/unticking the box 'When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately' (or not)

I also put a button on top toolbar that will open a blank page (rightclick toolbar > customise and drag the icon to the toolbar)

Marko797 10:44 23 Sep 2008

and liking it very much. Not sure but I think it's still Beta?

I use AOL but like to access web via IE8 now.

Has multi-tabs, plus if u click the small group of squares next to favourites (it's called quick tabs) u get a nice view of all the pages u have open.

Have briefly tried Chrome, but imho it didn't compare.

donki 12:17 23 Sep 2008

I have to say, children, children stop throwing your rattles out of your prams lol. Who cares if you have an open blank tab or use the middle button?? Is the world goign to end? Maybe thats what caused the credit crunch?

Like has been said everyone is different, for example I have a widescreen monitor and I prefer my toll bar up the side, it drives anyone who use's my PC mad but it is the way i prefer it now.

Clapton is God 12:32 23 Sep 2008

Haven't been into the Forum for a couple of days, but I think it's time for me to green tick this thread now that people have started to scratch each other's eyes out.

And I'm still growing to like IE7. ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61