Oh, all right I admit it ...

Clapton is God 12:12 20 Sep 2008

... having only taken the plunge in the last couple of days and replaced IE6 with IE7 on my PC, I'm growing to like this tabbed browsing.

Yeah, I know, where have I been until now? ;-)

Forum Editor 12:18 20 Sep 2008

try Google Chrome. Tabbed browsing with a difference.

Clapton is God 12:27 20 Sep 2008

One step at a time, methinks!

Having said that, I recently bought younger daughter a Vista laptop to take to Uni (tomorrow).

I'm NOT a Vista lover. ;-(

Clapton is God 12:45 20 Sep 2008

Already been down that route!

Still not a fan.

But perhaps time will tell ...

In any event, daughter will be 'lumbered' with Vista at Uni. I'll still be using XP at home.

Pineman100 17:37 20 Sep 2008

'I'm NOT a Vista lover.'

Welcome to a very large club, CiG.

We were going to hire the NEC for our first club AGM, but it wasn't big enough. :o(

Forum Editor 18:32 20 Sep 2008

It's interesting to see how different we are in our browsing habits. I open blank tabs all the time, both in IE7 and Chrome, which I like more and more, by the way.

I run searches in blank tabs.

carver 20:32 20 Sep 2008

At the moment I'm trying IE8 and Firefox, I can't decide which of the two I prefer, both have some good points and both have their downside.

Up to now IE8 is far better than IE7 by a long way.

rdave13 20:55 20 Sep 2008

Don't think about it but update to IE8 beta 2; click here .
Much better than IE7 or Firefox IMHO.

Forum Editor 23:31 21 Sep 2008

since it was in its early beta stages I know all about middle mouse buttons and opening pages in new tabs, but I have worked with blank tabs for a good part of the day and every day since they saw the light of day, and I'm not about to change.

You might be surprised to learn how many people work the same way.

Forum Editor 23:35 21 Sep 2008

in a new tab - that's a bit old hat as far as Chrome is concerned - just drag the favourite's icon from the bookmark bar onto the plus sign to the right of the tabs and drop it there.

lotvic 21:17 22 Sep 2008

If I click (press down) the wheel on my mouse on ANY link, bookmark or on a webpage it opens the link in a new tab

Further to that in firefox Tools> Options > Tabs
I can choose, by ticking/unticking the box 'When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately' (or not)

I also put a button on top toolbar that will open a blank page (rightclick toolbar > customise and drag the icon to the toolbar)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Forza Horizon 4 review

This embroidered stop motion music video for They Might Be Giants is a monster spotter's dream

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment faire la mise à jour d’un Mac vers macOS Mojave ?