Officail opening of Bomber Command Centre

Teabag. 18:19 12 Apr 2018

Some may be interested in the opening ceremony today just outside Lincoln.

Here

Quickbeam 18:35 12 Apr 2018

Speaking of which... can anyone confirm weather the Battle of Britain Flight will be doing a Dambusters 75th anniversary flypast at Derwent this year?

I went to the 70th flypast and I can't believe that it won't be doing a 75th as all the aircraft are in flying order, but so far I can't see any mention of a dams flypast.

I can't see too many more of the Dambusters flypast anniversaries as we get near to a centenary, which I can't see happening at all.

Quickbeam 18:38 12 Apr 2018

Nothing about it listed so far for 17th May on the Dambusters blog

john bunyan 18:55 12 Apr 2018

Would like to have been there . My father was a navigator in 207 Sqn RAF Langar ( border of Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire) . Shot down in Holland , KIA in Aug 1943 on way back from Berlin. One of over 55,000 Bomber Command killed in WW2.

Smudge120 19:03 12 Apr 2018

When I was in the RAF in the late 1950's I worked on Lincolns. They were the development of the Lancaster. Had a flight in one in the front turret where the bomb aimer used to sit. Had a good view over Yorkshire and parts of Lincolnshire.

morddwyd 19:49 12 Apr 2018

Flown in a Lancaster and a Lincoln.

When I was at West Freugh in the 50s as ha had a Lincoln fitted with two Avons in pods outboard of Nos. 1 and 4. Pilot swore that at full throttle the the airflow was driving the other four engines!

While the bomber boys are, at long last, beginning to get a bit of recognition, we still give more praise and thanks for Dunkirk than for Bomber Command.

Rest In Peace, boys. You will Not Grow Old.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)