Obscene Payouts? (compensation)

hssutton 14:19 25 Nov 2008

After all the financial misery that many of the British people are suffering or are about to suffer, I read the following

The Assistant Commissioner will retire from the Metropolitan Police force immediately, and - as well as the race claim payout of £300,000 - he will also be entitled to a lump sum pension payment of £522,000 and an index-linked pension of £85,000 a year.

Sir Ian officially leaves his post. The Metropolitan Police Commissioner,is to receive a golden handshake of about £295,000 - the remainder of his salary had he fulfilled his five-year contract. On top of this Sir Ian will receive a lump sum pension payout of £672,000 and an index-linked pension of £126,000 a year.

click here

Kaacee 14:44 25 Nov 2008

Your heading says it all

beeuuem 14:48 25 Nov 2008

If that is discrimination can I have some?

sunnystaines 15:59 25 Nov 2008

its wrong it will send the wrong message to employers making then scared to employ ethnics incase of racial allegations of lack promotion.

laurie53 20:22 25 Nov 2008

Obscene - likely to deprave or corrupt.

Is that really likely in this case, unless he's going to use it to bribe his erstwhile colleagues for some nefarious purpose?

sunnystaines 20:35 25 Nov 2008

some may use this example to play the race card as they are not good enough for promotion.

promotion goes on merit not race.

jakimo 20:37 25 Nov 2008

According to the BBC news he withdrew the alleged race discrimination claim & settled for the money..now theres a man of principle

syylo 22:20 25 Nov 2008

There is NO justification on whatever scale anyone wants to shout here for a wage of that amount regardless of position, this is sheer abuse on any scale!! these dont know what its like to earn £1000 per month,as i can respect there posistion there is absolutly NO WAY they should get these benefits as well as a SERIOUS wage..its ALL tax payers you know..you & i paying for them...BUT again another MOCK in the system & nothing gets done no deductions no sense of abuse..page gets turned over next week...nothing heard of again..rest my case...

syylo 22:23 25 Nov 2008

should we start a protest with parlament..? & get no where..?

the hick 22:32 25 Nov 2008

Seems that Sir Ian resigns, but still gets paid. Not many of us can do that! Some may say, if he had a five-year contract, then he owes them!

spuds 22:33 25 Nov 2008

Why just pick out these two individuals, you only need to look at some of the pay-outs and previous contractual perks being given to financial wizards and overseers who managed to make some massive mis-judgements. And not just the UK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?