Nurse's pay discussed on Question Time

oresome 10:29 19 Jan 2018

A couple of nurses suggested that colleagues were leaving the profession because there was a cap on salaries at the £28k mark. Presumably these nurses felt they could earn more elsewhere.

Looking at the pay scales as a matter of interest, I see that at least theoretically there is no such cap and salaries can reach the heady heights of £100k plus so I'm not sure what to make of it.

click here

Aitchbee 19:25 20 Jan 2018

Off subject slightly but I reckon the BBC should emulate the NHS Pay Scales model with the likes of Tea Ladies at Band 1 rising incrementally up to Band 9 for high profile stars like David Dimbleby etc.

Matt. 20:53 20 Jan 2018

My wife is a senior nurse within the NHS (outside London) and her pay is higher than 28K but she is in charge of a group of wards.

Matt. 20:58 20 Jan 2018
  bumpkin 21:34 20 Jan 2018

It would be more useful if we were told how many are in each of the various bands.

oresome 09:45 21 Jan 2018

I suspect the nurses on Question Time were referring to the maximum pay achievable before promotion on to more management roles, but isn't that the same with most careers?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?