Hot Topics

Nuisance phone calls re no blame accident

john bunyan 15:29 20 Aug 2019
Answered

In Jan I was sitting in my car when an elderly lady nudged it causing a couple of dents . She admitted full liability and her insurance company paid including a hire car. The bump was so gentle that there was no injury or symptoms. In the last few weeks I have been getting calls- today alone 3, and often 2 a day. They seem to have details of the claim ( I do not give them any info) . A call today was from Malaysia; others appear to come from U.K. On my mobile I block them one by one but it is extremely annoying. How do these people get hold of the information? This is different from the random calls that clearly are fishing.

Pine Man 16:18 20 Aug 2019
Answer

Get a 'Call Guardian' phone such as the BT8600 and never get another nuisance call. I have had one for several years and the only calls I get now are the ones I want.

wee eddie 16:51 20 Aug 2019

Usually, they are just fishing.

john bunyan 17:14 20 Aug 2019

These are mostly on my mobile as my home no is ex directory. I will continue to block them. Still don't know how they got the correct info. I still, occasionally get calls on my home no from "Talk Talk" technical in spite of having left them a year ago; clearly fake. If I can be bothered I string them along until they catch on and go away.

wee eddie 17:28 20 Aug 2019

JB: They can rarely tell you the 'Date and Time' of the Accident.

If they can't, they're fishing

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:26 20 Aug 2019

If they have details of the claim then it can only have come from ither yours or hers insurance company selling that information on.

Quickbeam 18:56 20 Aug 2019

hello, about the accident in which you were in no way to bla... Slam! Sorted...

john bunyan 19:06 20 Aug 2019

FB

Must be hers since when ours heard her insurance were paying with no problem they did not get involved at all.

BT 08:48 21 Aug 2019

If I get one of these calls about accidents that I haven't had I go along with it for a while and then say that it was so bad that I had to have my head amputated. It usually takes them a while to realise what I've said and I've even had to. repeat it and then they rapidly realise that I'm taking the 'P' and ring off.

Cymro. 09:41 21 Aug 2019

Pine Man Get a 'Call Guardian' phone such as the BT8600 and never get another nuisance call.

Like you P.M. we got this phone but only few weeks ago so too early to say how well it works but already seems to work better than B.Ts. own Call Blocking Service

oresome 20:05 21 Aug 2019

Besides the two insurance companies involved the repairer can also get kickbacks for passing information on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Trump issues executive orders to restrict TikTok and WeChat in the US

Yuke Li's 'pencil' drawings are entirely digital

Apple Breakfast: New iMacs on sale now!

Les meilleurs bracelets connect├ęs (2020)