Now we must have gender neutral ships

Al94 21:49 24 Apr 2019
Answered

Seriously, how mad is this world getting? click here

Quickbeam 06:35 25 Apr 2019

I can think of better causes to get excited about.

john bunyan 07:31 25 Apr 2019

I was shocked to hear the old shanty “The Good Ship Venus” on U Tube when listening to sea shanties the other day. Ships names have been neutral in history but I suppose many sailors regard them as a mother? A change to calling them “it” is PC gone mad.

Pine Man 11:30 25 Apr 2019

Maybe it's time to remove HE and SHE and any other sex related pronouns and adjectives from the English language that so many people seem to WANT to take offence at.

Then what would they worry about.......................?

lotvic 12:05 25 Apr 2019

'He, She and It' does that mean that a person who wishes to be 'gender neutral' is referred to as 'It'? To my tender old fogey ears that use of 'It' seems to be an insult.

Also, with their nouns, the French (and some others) language is going to have a struggle to become Gender Neutral.

Perhaps the protesters should get out into the world and study other cultures.

Belatucadrus 12:08 25 Apr 2019
Answer

Then what would they worry about.......................?

Never fear, they'll find something.

It never fails to amaze me when living in a world full of genuine injustice and inequality some people get bogged down agonising about the most irrelevant tosh going,

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

The true inspiration behind Mr. Mime in Detective Pikachu - and why it's so hard to keep Pokémon…

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)