Hot Topics

Now is the time to get your bicycle out

wee eddie 07:54 23 Mar 2020

The roads are quieter, with fewer cars about. You cannot cycle less than a meter from another person with any ease. They are good exercise and get you there faster than walking. You can "park" almost anywhere.

Now, I am not talking about long runs in the country, or belting around muddy hill trails.

I'm talking about getting into town, to the Supermarket, down to the park. There must be a multitude of places within 5 miles of you and, as you get fitter, you can make it 8, miles each way. That's about half an hour's pedalling.

BT 08:59 23 Mar 2020

I haven't got a Bike and I doubt that I could manage 10 yards on one, Its hard enough just making it to the car these days.

Pine Man 10:10 23 Mar 2020

I have got a bike but I'm not sure where i'd put my supermarket shopping!...........If I could get any:-(

wee eddie 10:25 23 Mar 2020

In your rucksack, as I do

Old Deuteronomy 10:58 23 Mar 2020

I gave up cycling some years ago, mainly because of the volume of traffic and no longer possess a bike but, I walk miles every day with the dog and rarely meet anyone on the quiet lanes and paths. Fortunately, this is not a picturesque tourist spot, so we shouldn't get swamped by the dickheads, like parts of Wales.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei P40 Review

Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months

New iPhone SE could launch 'as early as today'

Les meilleures offres gratuites pendant la période de confinement