Now I'm Being Blamed for the Destruction of the Green Belt!

oresome 20:52 24 Oct 2013

Elderly to blame for housing crisis, indicates minister.

Old people and immigrants are forcing the Government to relax planning rules and allow more houses to be built on the greenbelt, Nick Boles has said.

Link to Telegraph article

click here week I was blamed for not taking my fair share of the financial pain caused by the recession.

The politicians don't seem to be courting my vote.

Last

woodchip 21:34 24 Oct 2013

He must be an idiot. Wait while its his turn

Forum Editor 22:35 24 Oct 2013

spider9

Precisely.

I've been hearing people say the country has gone to the dogs for as long as I can remember, and my father told me that it was being said before the Second world war.

Travel the world a bit, and you soon realise what a great country this is, compared to lots of other places/

Joseph Kerr 00:06 25 Oct 2013

If you're going to try to invoke the idea of our indigenous people, you have your work cut out.

Kev.Ifty 09:56 25 Oct 2013

Nick Boles' family apparently has 300 acres of land in Devon. I recon there are loads of people that would like to live in Devon.

HondaMan 10:20 25 Oct 2013

If they had not allowed the sales of council houses when Maggie was in No.10, we would be in a better position now.

What happened, I wonder, to all that loot which the council's made?

oresome 10:22 25 Oct 2013

Do the houses in the Telegraph link appeal to anyone?

They seem a little like supermarket car park spaces.......much too close together for my taste.

We are looking for a retirement property and found an estate with room around the homes and were getting quite interested. In the time we've been looking, several of the properties have put their gardens up for sale with planning permission for another house on the land.

Before long they will look like the photo in the Telegraph.

The housing search continues.......the real issue is the limited budget. Plenty of desirable properties, but all out of reach.

Joseph Kerr 11:06 25 Oct 2013

You missed my point, dave, which is that you're on a sticky wicket talking about indigenous people.

spuds 11:16 25 Oct 2013

Green belt, brown belt, Eric Pickles MP (Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government) is the person to consult on this, he's been making quite a stir in that region.

Possibly off subject, but our local council's seem to massive amounts of money for taking land and making 24 hour bus lanes. Yet very few buses use them, and certainly not 24 hours, or even 7 days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

The true inspiration behind Mr. Mime in Detective Pikachu - and why it's so hard to keep Pokémon…

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)