As NOT Seen On TV - Why the ban?

qwbos 01:22 21 Nov 2018

Can't for the life of me understand why this should be banned. (Click on "As NOT Seen On TV Watch our banned TV advert" tab).

Belatucadrus 01:49 21 Nov 2018

The add was originally produced by Greenpeace and re-purposed for Christmas by Iceland. Some jobsworth decided as Greenpeace made it it was "Political" and thus inappropriate. As the legislation in question was designed to prevent people influencing UK politics, particularly during election time applying it to an add about deforestation in Borneo and the production of palm oil seems draconian and daft.

BT 09:09 21 Nov 2018

The stupid thing is its probably done more for Icelands sales than anything else and has been seen by many thousands of people including both me and the 'Boss' without even realizing that it was in anyway 'political'.

alanrwood 10:51 21 Nov 2018

What a brilliant piece of work. Shame on the authorities.

bumpkin 21:06 21 Nov 2018

I thought it was good, better than the normal rubbish. Why was it banned? PC or some such like crap.

qwbos 16:00 22 Nov 2018

Why it was banned and a petition if you'd like to see the ban overturned

Sounds more like they don't want to upset the usual set of omnipotent multinationals.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch