not a question, more of a warning

conrail 17:25 28 Apr 2017

warning to argos customers, you will get an cashback offer after your purchase from Complete Savings, they initially offered me £15 cashback but they want my bank details, when I asked for the £15 via cheque or even store credit, they refused, when I went to their website I logged in easily enough and found a space for my bank details but lower down was the details of my bank a/c, card number etc., they must have gotten from argos, they may even be part of argos but more important near the bottom of the page was a note that says they will claim £15 a month from my account, I tried putting in false card details but it would not let me change the details, there is an option to cancel which I did

rdave13 21:02 28 Apr 2017

Have you not read this What's the Complete Savings Programme?

Not something I would consider.

Forum Editor 22:57 28 Apr 2017

"...near the bottom of the page was a note that says they will claim £15 a month from my account",

That's because you agreed to their terms and conditions when you accepted the cashback offer.

There have been many complaints about this scheme over the past seven or eight years, but some time ago Webloyalty said that its offer page and banner have been reviewed by the Committee of Advertising Practice and it has confirmed that both comply with the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing.

I'm afraid this is a salutary lesson to read the small print when you accept any kind of offer. You may be entering into an agreement.

conrail 10:25 29 Apr 2017

thanks rdave13 & FE, usually so careful but was under the impression it was from argos because it came on their receipt, have cancelled and informed my bank not to make any payment, also made a complaint to argos although no reply as yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures tablettes tactiles (2018)