Not getting 'Responded' emails from TA

wiganken2 16:01 19 Oct 2018

Has anyone else noticed they are not getting emails from TA when someone responds to a thread they are subscribed to?

MJS WARLORD 11:58 20 Oct 2018

No offence to the people who run the site it does seem to have a few bugs of late , I tick the box to get an auto response only now and again do I fail to get a response but one thing I have noticed is that I get auto response's from threads I have not taken part in.

The other thing I have noticed is this , I log in then ask or answer a question but before I click POST at bottom right corner I right click and copy text. I do this because a lot of times when I click post I get asked to log in 2 more times and sometimes when I track down the posting I was working on the text box is empty. If I don't copy ready to paste , I will have lost everything I typed.

Some users told me to stop auto deleting cookies in edge or chrome but it did not stop me having to log in 2 or 3 times.

wiganken2 12:43 20 Oct 2018

MJS - I have had to remember to check this thread manually because I am regularly not getting emails to tell me someone has responded. I know I am subscribed to several threads but I can't remember them all and so I am losing track of thread progress. FE - Are you aware of this problem?

MJS WARLORD 12:50 20 Oct 2018

if you cant keep track of your postings go to your account settings , you can find a list of all the posts you have taken part in , also , I am with bt and over the past few weeks their servers have been acting up , you may find emails on your server that have not reached the email program on your pc, btw I use mozzilla thunderbird and you can set up multiple email accounts on it.

Forum Editor 12:55 20 Oct 2018

"FE - Are you aware of this problem?"

No, I wasn't - I haven't received any email reports of a problem.

wiganken2 13:06 20 Oct 2018

Like you I use the TB email client but I have also checked on my email webpage and the last "Someone has responded" email I got from TA was at 06:02 hours on 11th October. There is nothing in my Spam folders either. I am with Plusnet (owned by BT but separate) ISP but I do not use their email service and I do not think it is an ISP issue since I am getting other emails with no problems.

Forum Editor 13:25 20 Oct 2018

I'll pass your comments to someone on our development team.

wiganken2 14:39 20 Oct 2018

'Xania' also had the same issue on 19th October. See their thread click here .

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)