Hot Topics

Norton Motorcycles goes into administration!

Brumas 23:00 29 Jan 2020
Answered

I am not a motor cyclist but I do appreciate them, especially the older models, so I am really sorry to see them go to the wall.

Growing up I can remember my older brother had two Norton Dominators, one in pieces and one he rode to work. I can remember pestering him for ages, I must have been around eight years old, for a ride on the pillion. Mum, of course forbade it, which made it all the more exciting when it actually happened however I wish I hadn't nagged him so much because, when it did actually happen ,I was petrified and couldn't wait for him to turn for home! He admitted to me years later he deliberately went fast so as to put me off asking again!

Condom 22:54 07 Apr 2020

I agree that this is probably a name that will live on in some form or another. Perhaps not in this country but somewhere. In Thailand it is very common to see motorbikes with the Royal Enfield name on them. You also still see Habitat shops so it is difficult to kill off a good name.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP's ZBook Firefly is a genuine MacBook Pro rival

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

iPhone hackers have had access to iOS 14 'since February'

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans