No hot water when using the bath

ponytail 08:30 07 Jun 2015

We seem to have no hot water when we use the bath not really hot enough.The water is hot when you turn the tap on on the hand basin and there is nice hot water when we use the shower which uses the boiler.We only use the bath if we want a soak and as my wife had some backache she thought a nice hot saoak would help but the water was only just warm.Can someone explain what the problem may be

Ventad 19:34 08 Jun 2015

Taken from manufacturers manual,

DOMESTIC HOT WATER CONTROL 2. Position 0 - hot water OFF. Turn hot water temperature control between 0 to (tap sign)for hot water 62oC with no pre-heat. Turn hot water temperature control between and for hot water, 40oC - 62oC with pre-heat. Pre-heat is a function that provides hot water with minimum delay. The ECO setting is recommended and ideally suited to normal family use (showers, washing up etc.). Positions between ECO and (upper tap sign) are for occasional use, for water above 55oC approx. TO RESET 3. Turn the Mains Reset Switch to 0, wait for 5 seconds, turn Mains Reset Switch to 1, the boiler is reset. If the fault persists contact your installer/service provider using the telephone number on the inside font cover of this booklet

pk46 19:38 08 Jun 2015

SORRY FOR SPELLING ERROR SHOULD HAVE BEEN MODERN.

bumpkin 21:01 08 Jun 2015

pk46, yes it could be but unlikely. Ventad has given plenty of explanations and valid advice so I will stay out of the matter. If the OP does not even have the manners to reply then let them have a luke warm bath.

bumpkin 21:01 08 Jun 2015

pk46, yes it could be but unlikely. Ventad has given plenty of explanations and valid advice so I will stay out of the matter. If the OP does not even have the manners to reply then let them have a luke warm bath.

Ventad 20:05 10 Jun 2015

I get a funny feeling I've been caught up in a wind up!

Which does not bare very well on PCA help questions although it is of no fault of PCA itself, looking at some of the other threads by this OP.

Forum Editor 20:24 10 Jun 2015

"If the OP does not even have the manners to reply then let them have a luke warm bath."

That's not very nice, is it? ponytail's last post said "I have just sent a email to Glow-Worm and will await their reply"

Perhaps that explains the delay - he/she is waiting for the reply.

john bunyan 20:27 10 Jun 2015

I just hope he green ticks his posts, only 2 out of last 10 green ticked,

Ventad 20:59 10 Jun 2015

If this is the case FE I unresevable apologise to ponytail I got the feeling that there was no answer or acknowledgement as there were manufacturers manuals on line as well as the manual that should have been left. As a retired plumber just trying to to help , and I do realise the technology does not come very clear to all. Again I apologise .

Ventad 16:03 15 Jun 2015

Is there any update on this item.

Ventad 10:50 17 Jun 2015

BUMP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

2019’s best design book celebrates web design all the way from the ‘90s to now

New Apple products predictions 2020

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !