No flies on kids these days

bumpkin 20:50 16 Jul 2018

Or is there, some of their remarks I just find hilarious. Loads of flies around where I live and I have been spraying them with fly killer with little result. I was told it was because they had become immune to the main ingredient NAPALM. Before anyone comments, no I did not try lighting the can.

Old Deuteronomy 09:59 17 Jul 2018

We bought a bug zapper for this summer and it really does cut down the number of flies buzzing around indoors..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:51 17 Jul 2018

Net curtains, Screen door and a Venus fly trap to catch the few that get in works for me.

As for the flies just have to put up with them.

:0)

bumpkin 18:47 17 Jul 2018

Sounds a good idea FB as I can't find any Novichok on Ebay, as for the flies I suppose I could take up fishing as a hobby :-)

lotvic 22:12 17 Jul 2018

I'm told Hairspray is effective. It glues the wings so they can't fly, makes them easier to catch.

Forum Editor 23:06 17 Jul 2018

if you want to stop flies entering the house via an open window or doorway in hot weather, get one of those ziplock polythene bags and half fill it with water. Drop in a few 1p coins, and hang the bag up in the opening.

Flies/wasps etc. will not pass it.

So said a client of mine who lives in Carolina - he said it works like magic. I haven't tried it myself.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)