No confidence vote against the PM soon.

Govan1x 10:05 10 Jan 2019

It was revealed on the news this morning that from a labour spokesman that there would be a no confidence vote against the Prime Minister soon.

It seems all other political party's have agreed to this so just a matter of waiting to see how the prime minister deals with the brexit question and whether she keeps to her deal only.

It does not look like her deal is going to survive and if so she has 3 days on which to ammend her deal.

A way out of it maybe be to stand down and let another Tory party Mp be PM.

Obviously a new general election maybe called for but maybe a case of out of the frying pan and into the Fire comes to mind.

Just when we thought things could not get any worse it looks like it will.

Myself i think the EU is trying there best to keep us in the EU and it is a warning to other countries not to try it.

So the only way out of being bullied into accepting something that none of us want would of course be a no deal. Any other deal and there is only one winner and it is not us.

Looks like this saga is going to continue for years to come and with the country split down the middle it is not going to be easy to resolve.

No party that takes us out of the EU or keeps us in will never be popular for a long time.

No matter what Party it is there will be no winners in the long run.

Quickbeam 06:33 18 Jan 2019

"...and history tells us that revolutions are more likely to succeed when there is an atmosphere of disarray."

Well it's certainly become the season of revolt! Parliament, internal parliamentary parties, the population, families, workplaces, pubs, clubs colleges etc... And with huge splits across the normal demarcations of society and socio-economic groups, we will not be the same country again after the dust of Brexit has settled whichever way it may pan out.

I certainly think that Brexit is going to bring about major sea changes to our society on a par with the post war years of two world wars.

john bunyan 08:42 18 Jan 2019

There are some similarities with 1535. Henry V111 split with the Pope has many parallels now- splits throughout society, in those days over religion ( still an issue in NI) . Henry did not accept a ruling by Rome , much as some resent Brussels

Govan1x 10:02 21 Jan 2019

It will be interesting to see what changes the PM comes up with today in Parliament.

Much of the same we are led to believe and in the end it will still be her deal or no deal.

I am beginning to think her deal would probably be the best as i can imagine what labour and others come up with.

Liam Fox has said that Brexit is being hijacked by those wanting to remain, It does not take a genius to work that one out.

The labour party and the Lib Dem's are not voting for what the country wanted but opposing it at every step just so that they can they can convert more voters to vote for them.

I suppose they will be the ones that suffer in future elections when those that voted leave have their pay back.

its a shambles and i cannot see anything changing that for the better.

So lets play the blame game.I suppose it all goes down to the last election when the Tory Party lost their majority in the House of Commons.

But then again could it be the rebels in the Tory party that is playing a big part on our decisions.

I am afraid my blame game started with the Tory Party and finishes with them as being the biggest culprits in this whole shambles.

The last Election was the Tory's downfall and it was the PM that called it.

The plan was solid but it backfired almost immediately.

I suppose I get on about the Tory party all of the time and maybe I should blame others. But unfortunately I cannot find anyone else to blame for the position that we are in now.

Quickbeam 11:16 21 Jan 2019

There are three options only. Revoke, May's deal or no deal.

Any of there options will split the nation more so than now.

There's nothing more that can be said that hasn't already been said, and it is out of our hands now.

Another public vote will return the same dilemma, so it's up to Parliament to resolve the chaos that they've unleashed.

john bunyan 11:37 21 Jan 2019

I read that Yevette Cooper will propose an Ammendment No3 that says if no deal is agreed by Mar 7 , then Parliament will request an extension to Article 50. This might persuade the hard right to fall in line with the May deal.

roger.roger 13:23 21 Jan 2019

it is reported in some newspapers that 150,000 labour members have left the party.

Of course this will not bother that deaf, dumb and blind bloke, "pinball wizard" corbyn.

john bunyan 13:44 21 Jan 2019

roger. roger

You’re right. Also even if they have 500,000 members, they base their manifesto on conference decisions, not a potential government policy. In their eyes this is Democracy, but there are over 34 million voters so why should they accept a policy voted on by up to 500,000?

Quickbeam 14:29 21 Jan 2019

We still only have the three options of our own free choosing JB.

An extension requires EU approval which they've made quite clear will not be given if it's just for us to squabble for longer!

We've lost control of our negotiations for some time, now although that maysuggest that we once were in control, we never have been.

Govan1x 14:34 21 Jan 2019

Well false story or not. If labour has lost 150.000 votes the mind boggles as to how many the Tory Party may loose at the next Election whenever that is.

Everything is interesting just now as i dont think we have been put in this situation before. So it is a learning code for us all

now who would ever have thought that leaving the EU could be so difficult. it seems that big business is going to win this one even though they never had a vote. their employees did of course the same as the rest of us.

Well the game continues in an hour. It will be interesting what new deal will be put forward.

Quickbeam 14:45 21 Jan 2019

Meet the new deal, same as the old deal!

To the tune of Won't Get Fooled Again...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique