No confidence vote against the PM soon.

Govan1x 10:05 10 Jan 2019

It was revealed on the news this morning that from a labour spokesman that there would be a no confidence vote against the Prime Minister soon.

It seems all other political party's have agreed to this so just a matter of waiting to see how the prime minister deals with the brexit question and whether she keeps to her deal only.

It does not look like her deal is going to survive and if so she has 3 days on which to ammend her deal.

A way out of it maybe be to stand down and let another Tory party Mp be PM.

Obviously a new general election maybe called for but maybe a case of out of the frying pan and into the Fire comes to mind.

Just when we thought things could not get any worse it looks like it will.

Myself i think the EU is trying there best to keep us in the EU and it is a warning to other countries not to try it.

So the only way out of being bullied into accepting something that none of us want would of course be a no deal. Any other deal and there is only one winner and it is not us.

Looks like this saga is going to continue for years to come and with the country split down the middle it is not going to be easy to resolve.

No party that takes us out of the EU or keeps us in will never be popular for a long time.

No matter what Party it is there will be no winners in the long run.

Quickbeam 19:04 16 Jan 2019

I have to say that I was impressed with Gove's unscripted closing speech.

Quickbeam 19:20 16 Jan 2019

A close majority of 19 wins it, but she doesn't come out of it too stable...

Aitchbee 19:55 16 Jan 2019

QB, I agree with you on Gove's speech; I've always thought him to be a bit of a loose-cannon but I reckon he will be our next PM! [currently a 7/1 shot].

Quickbeam 20:19 16 Jan 2019

Yeah... he spoke with a Churchillian flourish.

Quickbeam 20:21 16 Jan 2019

...I wonder if that was his opening gambit for the next leadership election?

Aitchbee 20:26 16 Jan 2019

Possibly... I noticed when Gove was getting interviewed on the doorstops of his home the door number in the background was number 10!

john bunyan 21:12 16 Jan 2019

Just watching a TV programme on Chavez of Venezuela. Corbyn and Livingstone were there congratulatiing him on election- their hero. Look how Venezuela is now.

Quickbeam 05:54 17 Jan 2019

Well we all know that he likes to court chavs...

Quickbeam 07:18 17 Jan 2019

Well be do now seem to be setting favourable sails and going in a forwards direction after over two years of being stuck in a rut intended to keep the good ship Tory afloat.

It's such a pity that she didn't realise that the dangerous fire ships in her fleet should have been cast adrift on the first rip tide available to bob around in the Doldrums of splendid isolation for eternity!

Only now, now that's it's obvious that we look like steering clear of the edge of the world, for the first time since this whole debacle started, I do actually feel some optimism.

Quickbeam 07:23 17 Jan 2019

I should have said sand bar instead of rut to maintain the corny post theme...

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

How can good design help millennials fall in love?

iMac 27in (2019) review

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?