Hot Topics

We regret to inform you that the PC Advisor Forums are now closed, and you are unable to post new comments or conversations. If you have a question about the forums, please contact us.

No confidence vote against the PM soon.

Anon-2432433 10:05 10 Jan 2019

It was revealed on the news this morning that from a labour spokesman that there would be a no confidence vote against the Prime Minister soon.

It seems all other political party's have agreed to this so just a matter of waiting to see how the prime minister deals with the brexit question and whether she keeps to her deal only.

It does not look like her deal is going to survive and if so she has 3 days on which to ammend her deal.

A way out of it maybe be to stand down and let another Tory party Mp be PM.

Obviously a new general election maybe called for but maybe a case of out of the frying pan and into the Fire comes to mind.

Just when we thought things could not get any worse it looks like it will.

Myself i think the EU is trying there best to keep us in the EU and it is a warning to other countries not to try it.

So the only way out of being bullied into accepting something that none of us want would of course be a no deal. Any other deal and there is only one winner and it is not us.

Looks like this saga is going to continue for years to come and with the country split down the middle it is not going to be easy to resolve.

No party that takes us out of the EU or keeps us in will never be popular for a long time.

No matter what Party it is there will be no winners in the long run.

Anon-2432433 11:35 24 May 2019

Whilst I do have a certain sympathy for her, she did fail to deliver BRAXIT as she promised. If a deal was not possible by our first exit date, then we should have left WITHOUT a deal. We must be the laughing stock of most of the world by now, and guess who is conspicuous by her absence - the German Chancellor, Angela Merkle.

To the next PM, I say this, GET US OUT! That is what the people of this once great country voted for and it is your DUTY to do exactly that even if it means no deal

Anon-433127 12:29 24 May 2019

With a Government that has a majority , such a course of action might be possible although all economists and the Chancellor say no Deal would be an economic disaster. However, as we have seen , we have a hung Parliament who seek to prevent a no deal scenario. A new Tory leader will have the same difficulty as the unfortunate but honest Mrs May.

Shouting Get Us Out or No Brexit is a waste of time and only a cross party Deal is likely to get through Parliament with the current votes likely

Anon-2432433 13:12 24 May 2019

Cross party deal.

There is only one deal. The deal that the country voted for. Nothing else is or will be acceptable.

We know now that the EU does not want us to leave. That in itself would make me more determined to leave.

If i was a remainer I would be thinking maybe leaving would be the best way to go so that this fiasco could never happen again.

Anon-433127 13:26 24 May 2019

How will that be achieved with a hung Parliament?

Anon-2356159 13:38 24 May 2019

Out with the lame-duck leader.

We still have a useless, lame-duck government.

Anon-2432433 14:53 24 May 2019

We still have a useless, lame-duck government.

Along with an unelectable lame duck opposition.

Anon-319210 16:01 24 May 2019

Et tu, Brute

fighting the opposition trying to get in power and stabbed in the back by her own party.

That's politics for you.

Anon-2432433 16:02 24 May 2019

If i was a remainer I would be thinking maybe leaving would be the best way to go so that this fiasco could never happen again.

You couldn't be more wrong. Nothing has happened so far that has convinced me that I was wrong, in fact quite the opposite, and those I know of the same persuasion agree fully.

Anon-302934 20:15 24 May 2019

"Out with the lame-duck leader.

We still have a useless, lame-duck government."

We also have a useless lame duck parliament!

Anon-302934 20:17 24 May 2019

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware m17 R3 review

Apple iMac 2020 review

'You lied!' Judge slaps down Epic Games in Apple dispute

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs

/forum/speakers-corner-16/no-confidence-vote-against-pm-soon-4695517/