No confidence vote against the PM soon.

Govan1x 10:05 10 Jan 2019

It was revealed on the news this morning that from a labour spokesman that there would be a no confidence vote against the Prime Minister soon.

It seems all other political party's have agreed to this so just a matter of waiting to see how the prime minister deals with the brexit question and whether she keeps to her deal only.

It does not look like her deal is going to survive and if so she has 3 days on which to ammend her deal.

A way out of it maybe be to stand down and let another Tory party Mp be PM.

Obviously a new general election maybe called for but maybe a case of out of the frying pan and into the Fire comes to mind.

Just when we thought things could not get any worse it looks like it will.

Myself i think the EU is trying there best to keep us in the EU and it is a warning to other countries not to try it.

So the only way out of being bullied into accepting something that none of us want would of course be a no deal. Any other deal and there is only one winner and it is not us.

Looks like this saga is going to continue for years to come and with the country split down the middle it is not going to be easy to resolve.

No party that takes us out of the EU or keeps us in will never be popular for a long time.

No matter what Party it is there will be no winners in the long run.

Govan1x 17:03 21 Jan 2019

Same old waffle. nothing has changed .Or likely to change I would think.

Always happy to be proved wrong. But the Lady is not for turning I just wonder if she thinks she is as good or bad as Margaret Thatcher.

Quickbeam 18:25 21 Jan 2019

Oh much worse!

john bunyan 18:48 21 Jan 2019

I can’t believe how “thick “ some MP’s were in asking over again about taking “no deal” off the table. The ONLY way to do that is to cancel or delay Article 50. To do that would require all 27 EU states to agree, and they would not agree just to give more time for negotiations, but probably would in return for a second referendum. A second referendum, some say, is to disobey the “instructions “ of the people in the last referendum. Therefore Corbyn’s preconditions for talks actually means conceding a second referendum, ie disobeying the people’s decision. I comment as a Remainer who accepts the last referendum’s decision.

rickf 20:32 21 Jan 2019

TM has a plan B. It's called Plan A.

Quickbeam 05:17 22 Jan 2019

It's plan A+ doncha know.

Quickbeam 10:02 22 Jan 2019

A study today says that we are now more likey to identify with a Brexit position than a party political position.

Interesting...

Pine Man 10:21 22 Jan 2019

A study today says that we are now more likey to identify with a Brexit position than a party political position.

A similar study a couple of days ago suggested that Remainers haven't changed their view but many Brexiteers have.

Very interesting.....

Pine Man 10:24 22 Jan 2019
  Govan1x 11:20 23 Jan 2019

Up to 40 tory mp,s are set to resign if the PM does not abondon no deal.

As far as I know they are all remainers.

So looks like the remainers are all pushing for a new ref.erendum.

Well am I the only one that thinks this is all about leaving the EU and not staying in .

Looks like the PM is as well resigning now as nobody is listening to her ideas and she will not be able to change that.

let us just remember once more we are supposed to be voting on Leaving but it seems most MP's are more interested in staying.

This was all about leaving so I can see trouble ahead. No political party will come out on top if there was a new general election called.

Quickbeam 12:53 23 Jan 2019

There will be an awful lot of MPs that should be morally obliged to stand down at the next election on account that they've not delivered the majority will of their constituents methinks...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs