Hot Topics

No 10 considering mandatory face masks in shops

Pine Man 11:43 11 Jul 2020
Answered

This bunch are unbelievable!

They have been paranoid about advising the use of face masks ever since the pandemic first started, always quoting 'The Science' and 'lack of evidence'.

They were slow introducing lockdown and they will be just as slow mandating face masks. Their lethargy has cost countless lives and will continue to do so.

I was a big supporter of Boris and his government but I am rapidly losing patience.

Like others on this forum I, and my wife, have used face masks in public areas since the virus first raised it's ugly head in the UK and we will continue to do so until vaccinated.

Pine Man 11:46 11 Jul 2020

I forgot the link.

click here

john bunyan 11:54 11 Jul 2020

Pine Man

I totally agree; unless the Tory Party ditch Johnson/ Cummings and put Sunak in their place, Starmer will storm home at the next election.

Pine Man 11:58 11 Jul 2020

JB

With you 100%!

Al94 13:02 11 Jul 2020

Totally agree

Govan1x 13:18 11 Jul 2020

3 Months to late. It is to help stop the spread of the virus and if that is the case they should made that decision 3 months ago.

3 months ago we were told we don't need masks as they will not protect you , And amazingly now they will.

Quickbeam 19:12 11 Jul 2020

Ditto... 3 months too late.

But I still think that they're a psychological trick.

Quickbeam 19:14 11 Jul 2020

I also think that Queen Nicola has them on the back foot on that one, it's not like PM Cummings and his assistant to have to chase the initiative ...

Dunk 19:36 11 Jul 2020

Yes, it does appear that Sturgeon is well ahead of Boris/Dom in the competency stakes, and I read that their current 'death rate' is much lower than ours. Scotland's 7-day average death rate is presently 0.3 a day, ours about 70 a day!! (per head of population that works out about 20+ times lower).

Govan1x 21:40 11 Jul 2020

20 times lower so have to state the obvious. that the population of England is 56 million. The population of Scotland is 5.5 million. So a massive difference. So more people spreading the Virus here.

I don't think Boris wanted to come out and say we need to use masks as he was the one that said we didn't. So basically he is contradicting his own advice.

Quickbeam 06:00 12 Jul 2020

Yet another U turn from the man that would have Thatcher turning in her grave at the thought of the return of the political U turn in the Tory party

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft to release Surface Duo on 10 September, starting at US$1,399

Landscape Illustration tips from leading illustrators

How Apple Camp at Home can entertain your kids this summer

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs