Nigel Farage is a national asset.....

Forum Editor 10:02 25 Nov 2016
  Old Deuteronomy 10:42 25 Nov 2016

Please Mrs May give him a Governor's job, Pitcairn is out of the way.

Forum Editor 11:14 25 Nov 2016

Like it or not, we are going to have to deal with the new American administration, and the President elect is quite obviously a big Farage fan.

Whatever our politicians think of Nigel Farage, he seems to have established a good relationship with Donald Trump, and if I was in Theresa May's striking shoes I might be wondering how I could use that situation to my advantage rather than worrying about losing face.

Belatucadrus 11:17 25 Nov 2016

Not far enough, howabout Govoner General of South Georgia, let him organise the PIP.

Penguin Independance Party

LastChip 11:19 25 Nov 2016

Actually, if you open your eyes he could be a National asset.

Yes he's brash and very "out there", but he does understand far better than the "establishment", why people are so aggrieved.

The Labour party is dead and buried - I mean, no one in their right mind would vote for them, except perhaps for the more moderate in the party. But even then, their leadership make it impossible for the moderates to do anything.

When Nigel Farage said there would be a "seismic shock" if the result wasn't delivered, I don't think he was a million miles off track. What I'm saying is, while the ruling party dithers and fusses around the edges, he gets straight to the point. This needs decisive action and at the moment, I can't see any happening.

Already we've been let down on two hard promises by David Cameron: 1. He'll see through the public's decision and 2. If we voted leave, he would invoke article 50. What happened? He walked away like a scolded little boy. Worse still, he was so arrogant, he made no provision for a leave result and from what I understand, actually prohibited any departments to start making preparations - just in case.

The truth is, (and I make no apologies for repeating myself), professional politicians are a waste of space. A few more Nigel's and we might just get something done.

Govan1x 11:38 25 Nov 2016

I have to agree with everything LastChip says.

We have someone with a bit of clout and they don't want to know.

I can see hard days ahead if we leave the EU with a watered down version. It will have to be a version that will keep everyone happy and that is not going to be easy.

Forum Editor 14:16 25 Nov 2016

LastChip

"...while the ruling party dithers and fusses around the edges, he gets straight to the point."

That's because Nigel knows he isn't going to be doing any negotiating. It's easy to "get straight to the point" when you're not the one who has to deal with a situation, and it's naive of you not to understand that.

Nigel Farage can afford to make sweeping statements about what should be done, because he knows that he isn't going to be the doer. He has talents, unquestionably, but don't run away with the idea that he would handle this any better than anyone else. His name isn't exactly up there in the EU hall of fame, since he came out with his triumphalist comment in the EU parliament chamber following the Brexit result.

Burn-it 16:14 25 Nov 2016

Nigel knows the correct definitioin of a straight line and uses it both in politics and his social life.

"A straight line is the shortest distance between two pints"

caccy 16:40 25 Nov 2016

Some how we do need to use his contact/friendship with President elect Trump to our best advantage. As he is not an employee of the diplomatic service then some title needs to be made to accommodate his unique position with Trump. Perhaps a new post of "MP without portfolio to the USA" might be applicable?

Flak999 16:46 25 Nov 2016

Nigel, is akin to a visionary prophet, a messianic figure in some circles. He has won our exit from the EU and prophesied correctly the outcome of the American election. He is firm friends with the president elect, why on earth wouldn't we exploit to the full this most fortuitous of events?

x123 17:24 25 Nov 2016

caccy

Would he then have to stand in an election to become a MP. Or is the abbreviation of MP for something else?

Perhaps a new post of "Mouthy xx/ % without portfolio to the USA" might be applicable?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch