Hot Topics

New neighbours...into the unknown.

Aitchbee 21:11 05 Jul 2012
Answered

I live in a block of flats (8), and recently 2 flats have been vacated.

The newcomers will inject a bit of new life into the 'close'.

The 'moving in' processes have just begun.

Thankfully, my flat is situated on a different level.

Why am I having territorial pangs, just like nesting birds have?

Aitchbee 19:48 08 Jul 2012

The other flat has been occupied by a middle-aged man...who works for the local housing association...so that balances things up, a bit.Now, the available parking spaces on the road outside are now hard to come by, as there are already two designated [disabled] spots. I'm glad I don't have a car, now.

Aitchbee 20:42 08 Jul 2012

...my lips are sealed! (No comments please, FE)

Aitchbee 21:06 08 Jul 2012

Bingalau....B M M M B M MMMM MBMMM MBMMMM!

spuds 10:19 09 Jul 2012

al's left peg

Looks like they are planning to stay then?.

Depending on how long term sick you are, and what the illness is, then they might even be getting grant's from the council or elsewhere for some of the work being done?.

lotvic 17:36 09 Jul 2012

Perhaps the days you are trying to sleep ready for nightshift he thinks you are out?

I would be seriously considering anonymously reporting suspicion of 'not sick' as is obviously capable of physical work. (Dept prob will put him under surveillance)

Aitchbee 21:28 18 Jul 2012

Update: It's still a 'blank canvas' in the ground floor flat... the council are 'doing-it-up' for the next tennent - I had a 'keek' (look) / 'squinty' thru' the living-room window this afternoon...the workers were applying new wall-paper.

Condom 21:44 18 Jul 2012

Every time I see that new Advert for Go Compare I have visions of the FE standing at a window across the road from you with a very large yellow Carl Gustav on his shoulder...taking his hood off and saying "well it was time your neighbours had a new neighbour ;-)"

Aitchbee 22:00 18 Jul 2012

...the FE will get a nice welcome. (he's just like a long-lost brother). (please don't erase, FE).

tullie 22:10 18 Jul 2012

Aitchbee,you seem to have a fixation with FE?

Aitchbee 22:31 18 Jul 2012

tullie...I like to keep on speakin' terms...I've had a few red padlocks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

What CPU should I buy for a PC in 2020?

Designers gloriously imagine the world of 2120

Calling all Batterygate victims: Claim your payout now

Comment utiliser les emojis sur un Mac ?