New job for our ex Prime Minister

Govan1x 18:54 26 Jan 2017
Answered

David Cameron is now the new president of Alzheimers Research UK.

Maybe it was because of all the questions when asked that he could not remember made him an ideal candidate for the job.

He cut benefits to the sick and disabled and must feel that bad about it he now wants to help those with Alzheimer's.

Not the best qualifications for the job and not the right person for it in my opinion.

Govan1x 18:57 26 Jan 2017

Oops forgot this. Click here

Old Deuteronomy 19:55 26 Jan 2017

**He cut benefits to the sick and disabled and must feel that bad about it he now wants to help those with Alzheimer's. Not the best qualifications for the job and not the right person for it in my opinion.**

Indeed he is not. Tory underfunding of the NHS and setting of targets unattainable without adequate funding, has seen mental health services cut again and again such that services simply cannot cope with the rising demand, just like the rest of the NHS. Cameron getting that job feels like a sick joke.

wee eddie 20:33 26 Jan 2017

That is probably why he is the ideal person for the job. He will know how and why the cuts were made, he will know the people in positions of power and may be suitably placed to renegotiate reinstatement.

Govan1x 20:56 26 Jan 2017

wee eddie

I suppose you could give a bank robber a job in the bank as he is most likely to stop others from robbing it.But that would not happen.

It is a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I am not saying that he would not be beneficial to them he knows plenty rich folk who will contribute.

Thousands may benefit from him but millions have probably already lost out with his cuts.

I know that he has to work somewhere just thought that maybe this was the wrong choice at the moment.

Al94 21:23 26 Jan 2017

It isn't a job - it's an unpaid voluntary position.

wee eddie 01:03 27 Jan 2017

Gov: a very sheltered life you've lived

Govan1x 09:47 27 Jan 2017
Answer

Well a jobs a job for awe that paid or unpaid.

I just thought that we have someone here who has taken benefits away from millions of sick and needy people and now wants to work for a charity organisation.

Pity he did not show more charity when he was Prime minister.

Will class this as resolved as I seem to be one of the few who think it was a mistake. But I suppose everyone has different opinions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs