New Charity Monday lottery

Curio 19:08 27 Apr 2006

Starts 8 May online. I decided to indulge as some of National Lottery distributions did not agree with me. Was surprised to find that my Credit Card Company charged me £2.50 for a Cash Advance Fee because I accessed this site and made a payment to it. Just giving warning to others who may also fancy a dabble that this charge is made. Of course, it may just be that my C.C. Co makes this charge and not others. But hey - it is for Charity.

NORFOLK SPARKY 22:34 27 Apr 2006

use a debit card and i suspect there will be no additional charge. I am not suprised credit card company treated it as a cash advance

spuds 09:39 28 Apr 2006

Another money earner for someone, perhaps?.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:18 28 Apr 2006

Yes, charity.

G

wee eddie 15:35 28 Apr 2006

Maybe Chelsea will get a new change of shirts.

Then there's Cherri B's hairdresser, grossly underpaid and obviously a deserving cause!

Pidder 18:24 28 Apr 2006

I thought credit card companies were required to give you notice if they proposed to charge for a cash advance.

bluto1 19:23 28 Apr 2006

If your CC company is treating that transaction as a cash advance then beware further interest charges. Check your account thoroughly when you get it.
pidder, they dont have to give notice that they`ll charge for a cash advance. They`ve already done so in their terms and conditions.

Curio 10:46 29 Apr 2006

Thanks for the tip. Have already contacted CC Co as I did not recognise the Cash Advance Fee. At first I thought I was being phished, but all checked out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?