Never mind the *****X, here the...

Quickbeam 16:32 10 May 2019

LibDems new election slogan!

Well there is certainly no doubt about their election message is there?

Opinions please...

Quickbeam 16:38 10 May 2019

In case there are any shrinking violets in our midst, click here.

And I seem to recall that it was officially deemed as acceptable use of old English after the Sex Pistil's 1977 trial over their use of the word on their never Mind The Bollocks, here's The Sex Pistols album...

LastChip 22:23 10 May 2019

So that's what our politicians are now reduced to.

I'm no prude, but there was a time when politicians could communicate in the Queens English. Such language would have been seen as obscene.

It says it all about the level to which the majority of 650 MP's have sunk to.

Quickbeam 04:46 11 May 2019

I see it as taking Farage on directly at his own base level of argument!

But then I would say that. But, you certainly can't accuse them of sitting on the fence wondering over which way falling off will bring about the greatest party benefit like Labour...

Quickbeam 05:04 11 May 2019

LastChip

I put the dictionary link in to confirm that although it's a colloquial word, it has a fine pedigree in Queens English going back centuries with meanings 1,3,4,5 being directly applicable and probably 11 also in terms of what Brexit has done to Parliament.

I also included the Sex Pistols obscenity trial link (hoping) to pre-empt the good people of Tunbridge Wells claiming faux shock and disgust!

LastChip 11:07 11 May 2019

a; I don't live in Tumbridge Wells and b; it's not a question of whether it's a colloquial word or not, it's a lack of dignity in its use and a disrespect for those of us that don't happen to agree with the Liberal Democrat view.

If a radio presenter can get sacked for an image of a monkey (which I actually found hilarious and didn't associate any mixed race references) then the people that rule us should be more careful about how they frame their argument.

With a bit of luck, many of them will be sacked at the next General Election.

Old Deuteronomy 11:31 11 May 2019

disrespect for those of us that don't happen to agree with the Liberal Democrat view.

The Brexiteers have shown complete disrespect for the millions who don't agree with them, for the last four years.

Govan1x 11:46 11 May 2019

Old Deuteronomy disrespect for those of us that don't happen to agree with the Liberal Democrat view.

How can you agree with a political party that has just jumped on the bandwagon of a way to accumulate more votes. Labour are doing the same and I have the same respect for those as well.

If we did not have such a weak government in charge just now this way of getting votes would never have happened.

On the other hand it is a way to get more votes so I suppose thy have to take it as they have nothing else going for them.

Respect them. I don't think so.. You have to earn respect.

Quickbeam 14:31 11 May 2019

It was featured on LBC yesterday afternoon and on Any Questions last might, the consensus seemed to be that a drastic situation demanded drastic action.

I thought it a refreshing change that in the current situation, that they have unequivocally called out the elephant in the room for what it is...

Old Deuteronomy 16:36 11 May 2019

Govan1x

I made no comment on the rights or wrongs of the Lib Dems slogan and you cannot reasonably infer what you did about my views from my post. Also, the Lib Dems are not just jumping on a bandwagon, they have always been pro Europe and against leaving the EU.

BTW, I am a Labour voter, not a Lib Dem supporter.

Govan1x 22:11 11 May 2019

The Brexiteers have shown complete disrespect for the millions who don't agree with them, for the last four years.

Don't you think maybe that's because we voted to leave. We never voted to remain so maybe the Brexiteers have a point.

Like yourself I have always voted for Labour but will never vote for them again.

They have just came up with another way to get more votes from the Tory party. Under Labour the minimum wage will go up to over £10 and it will also go to those under 18 years of age.

Now that could be another vote winner for the labour Party.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique