Neighbour's house extension, advice please.

rickf 14:05 04 Mar 2019

My neighbour is having his house gutted and an extension built at the back which needs digging for a new foundation. We share a driveway to garages at back of house. His house is just short of 10ft away from mine. The rule of thumb is if it's 10ft or more then then is no potential threat of problems. His surveyor said it should'nt be a problem with subsidence as it's almost 10 feet away from mine. I have now been receiving letters from independent surveyors canvassing me if I want to have a survey done on my house to have proof of condition before work starts next door in case damage occurs subsequently. Should I take this up?

Gordon Freeman 20:49 06 Mar 2019

I thought everyone knew about it.

I need to get out more; never needed, nor heard of it in my life, but thanks for explaining the reasoning behind it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Microsoft Paint's not dead

iMac 27in (2019) review

Les bons plans logiciels et services (2019)