My weather station Monday recorded 96.6 deg f

hssutton 15:19 20 Jun 2017

Monday the weather station was reading 96.6 deg f. Today I'm really suffering with the tempreture, as the same weather station is reading 62.2 deg f. Has anyone ever experienced such a massive change in the space of 24 hours?. This is on the East Coast of Lincolnshire.

martd7 15:41 20 Jun 2017

In Bradford yesterday temperature was 28celsius today its 20,it was unbearable yesterday

Forum Editor 18:07 20 Jun 2017

32 degrees in my garden at 3:00 pm today. The rumour is that it might go a degree higher tomorrow.

Quickbeam 18:18 20 Jun 2017

Last night was the hottest that I can ever remember for trying to sleep. With all the upstairs windows and two fans running, I ended up sleeping on a camping airbed on the kitchen laminate flooring with the back door open!

It was totally oppressive like never before.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:29 20 Jun 2017

Still hot when I got up this morning drove 50 miles north and the temperature dropped 10 degrees not had the air con on all day.

Drove back south and its cool here now as well.

Aitchbee 20:10 20 Jun 2017

Off subject, but my wired-digital thermometer gives me 2 readings as there are 2 sensors. Inside my fridge about 0-4c and 20-24c ambient outside. I turn up the fridge temperature control knob up to max [5] when its really hot outside and make sure the kitchen windows are open.

martd7 20:31 20 Jun 2017

The forecast up here is overcast for the rest of the week,20degrees tomorrow,dropping to 17thursday and 15 friday

Old Deuteronomy 20:33 20 Jun 2017

Here in West Somerset need to wait until overnight Wednesday into Thursday for cooler weather and our room thermostat has been showing 28C for the last few hours. Will be out with the dog before 6:00 tomorrow morning, as I was today.

Brumas 21:46 20 Jun 2017

Aye, and my trusty strand of seaweed nailed outside the backdoor has practically shrivelled up , shall have to go to Bamburgh beach tomorrow to find a new bit ;o}}

Forum Editor 22:52 20 Jun 2017

What would we do if we didn't have our weather to talk about? When I first started to travel to the Far East on business, I used to start morning meetings by saying what a lovely day it was today.

After a few days, my client took me aside, and told me that the locals couldn't understand why I did it when almost all the days were like that. Perhaps in time we'll get used to having June heat-waves, and stop going on about the heat - it is predicted that we're going to get more and more of this each year.

BT 09:20 21 Jun 2017

Nice coolish day here in Norwich yesterday after a stifling weekend and similar forecast for today. Weather forecast on BBC Breakfast this morning saying 23C in Norwich 34C in London. Glad I don't live in London any more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?