Hot Topics

Music in the car - problem

Forum Editor 18:11 11 Feb 2020
Answered

My youngest daughter has bought a secondhand Ford Focus. It's a nice car, but the stereo has no USB socket and she wants to use an MP3 player when driving. She says needs to do it via the aux socket in the glovebox. I am no expert when it comes to audio,can anyone help?

How does she connect an MP3 player to the aux socket to get the best sound quality? She has an RCA cable which plugs into the aux socket. It has two male connectors at the other end - how does she connect that to the MP3 player?

I boasted that someone in the forum is bound to know, so no pressure...

wee eddie 14:12 13 Feb 2020

And we've lost our Excel Genius. Well I haven't seen him for, possibly, years

wee eddie 15:14 13 Feb 2020

VoG was his handle, I think. He enabled me to set up some seriously interesting Spreadsheets. Including my Forecasts for the Business Plan I gave to my Bank Manager each year - I recon that that should have won The Booker Prize

Forum Editor 18:08 13 Feb 2020

wee eddie

VoG was active on an Excel forum as late as 2015, but wasn't in evidence after that.

I have long been an advocate of not asking what has happened when a long-serving forum member disappears because of the obvious problems - the main one being that they may see it as a form of intrusion. There is of course another possibility - I'm sure I don't need to elaborate further.

wee eddie 18:28 13 Feb 2020

VoG was one of those that stood out from the crowd and a don't remember him straying far from Excel.

HondaMan 21:43 13 Feb 2020

The simplest way is to buy an FM broadcast module which fits into the cigarette lighter socket and tune the radio to that frequency. She the simply links her output device to the radio or vice versa and BINGO!

Taff™ 15:21 14 Feb 2020

Back in 2004 I recollect!

canarieslover 18:32 14 Feb 2020

Previous owner has kept/lost the cable that was supplied with the car. As suspected it was the 3.5 - 3.5 jack cable.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP's ZBook Firefly is a genuine MacBook Pro rival

Megan Thee Stallion's Aeon Flux-inspired music video is the perfect lockdown tonic

iPhone hackers have had access to iOS 14 'since February'

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans