mp3 player sound quality in computer mag reviews

hugh-265156 02:11 18 Mar 2005

FE sorry if its not computer related enough to post this here. I will chance my arm if I may? :-)

Why do reviewers mp3 players in most computer mags hardly ever mention the sound quality of the player itself? Computer monitor reviews for example, usually concentrate on picture quality first and foremost for obvious reasons.

Do all mp3 flash or hard drive players sound the same then? surly not? Is drop dead looks, size and features so much more important than sound quality?

I fancy getting myself a flash memory mp3 player maybe. This hopefully will also double up as small portable media device but when I read the reviews in computer magazines on the many models available, sound quality is hardly ever mentioned. I want to know if it sounds better than all the others in its price range first and foremost because thats what I'm buying it for.

Who cares if its got white earphones what does it sound like?

Forum Editor 08:42 19 Mar 2005

With a digital sound file all the information is there, and to a large extent what comes out as sound waves depends on speaker quality.

You aren't going to get a great deal in terms of quality from cheap speakers, no matter how good the rest of the equipment is, and although I suppose it might be helpful to have some idea of relative quality in MP3 player reviews, such opinions would necessarily be subjective - based on the reviewer's preferences.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

macOS Catalina: Latest Version, Updates, Problems, Fixes & Features

Les meilleurs téléphones Android (à moins de 600 €)