Mozilla Firefox....

DANZIG 02:03 12 Mar 2008

I've been an IE advocate (meaning I knew no better) since I got BB.

However I've been having a meddle with the titular browser and I must say its great!

Anyone out there know of any browser better or does anyone disagree with me?

Quickbeam 08:36 12 Mar 2008

iambeavis 10:41 12 Mar 2008

I've been using it since it was known as "Phoenix". I started with version 0.5, and I've been with it ever since - click here

birdface 11:47 12 Mar 2008

Had it tried it went back to I/E because I preferred it.Did not like the blue background that I got with Firefox but just while on PCA.IE7 Pro makes a big difference with I/E I find it a better Browser but it does tend to slow up at times.If someone can tell me that you no longer get the blue background with Firefox I will give it another try.

DANZIG 11:50 12 Mar 2008

You can change the background and look of Firefox.

iambeavis 12:17 12 Mar 2008

To change the background go to Tools > Options and click on the "Content" tab. Once on the "Content" page click on the "Colours" button - on the "Colours" page, untick "Use system colours" and you can then use the "Background" box to set your own choice of colour.

iambeavis 12:34 12 Mar 2008

I forgot to add that you should also untick "Allow pages to choose their own colour..."

i have been using version 3 beta, it's as fast as lightning, very tweekable, and looks a lot slicker. always prefered ff over ie.

[email protected] 13:57 12 Mar 2008
  birdface 14:44 12 Mar 2008

Ok.Will give Firefox another try as soon as it comes out of the Beta stage.I tried IE8 and had a few problems with it.Nothing serious.but I did not see a big difference between that and IE7.

[email protected] 23:52 12 Mar 2008

don't be put off by ie8, firefox is very stable click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

18 Best Adult Colouring In Books 2018

HomePod review

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2018)