Hot Topics

More and more adverts on this forum

alanrwood 10:51 29 Dec 2019

I am really sorry to say but this site is becoming an excuse to show multiple adverts. They seem to be increasing penetration and trying to read a post is always distracted by videos alongside it pulling your eyes away from the text. I know that advertising is required to generate funds for the site but lately it has become just too intrusive and spoils the experience. I am sorry but I am now forced to employ uBlock Origin to stop the continual distraction.

Anyone else feeling this.

x13 10:58 29 Dec 2019

It's been that way for a while so I'm using AdGuard.

Occasionally I switch it off and click on a few ads just to help somewhat.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:04 29 Dec 2019

have ended up with a collection of blockers to stop some of the intrusive videos. Adblock plus Ghostery and ublock

Pine Man 11:20 29 Dec 2019

uBlock Origin used here and no adverts showing.

Old Deuteronomy 11:30 29 Dec 2019

I have Adblock running including a LOT of custom blocks and Opera's own adblocker and, on some sites, Javascript turned off. I looked at this site with no blocking and it's nowhere as bad as Autocar can be. For Autocar on Opera I have all three measures in place, if I want to post on the site, or see all the pictures, I open it in Vivaldi where I allow everything, it's a complete mess.

NB, on some of those sites that put up an adblock warning that stops the site being viewed, turning off Javascript will allow you to bypass the warning.

Brian Hamilton 14:40 29 Dec 2019
  BT 17:39 30 Dec 2019

MI find one of the worst sites for Ads is the Daily Mail site. You can't watch it with an adblocker turned on and its pretty impossible with it turned off.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique