More by luck than skill perhaps.

Cymro. 16:02 24 Apr 2017

Have you ever done something on you computer, iPhone, iPad whatever only to find that you successfully accomplished what you set out to do but have no idea exactly how you got the job done.

My wife has an iPod Shuffle that I gave her some ten years or so ago. At the time I loaded it with several of her favorite CDs. From what I remember of the time I did the job without any problem.

Now my wife decided it was time she had some new music on the IPod. So I set about the job thinking I would have it all sorted in a matter of minutes. But it took me the best part of Sunday to get her music on to the iPod. Even now I am not too sure how I actually managed the job. The last lot of music lasted the wife many years so hopefully I will not need to do the job again for some time.

So have you ever got a job done only to find that you have no idea exactly how you did it? Is this me or are others of you sorting out the high tech things in life not actually knowing how you manage and perhaps rather dreading having to do the same job again one day?

Jollyjohn 16:27 24 Apr 2017

Yep, certainly have. However now I take notes as I go...............only to be unable to find them when I need to do the job again!

wee eddie 16:36 24 Apr 2017

Many one off jobs I do, I now use my phone's video facility as an Aide Memoire, just in case

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 24 Apr 2017

Forgetivity in action

Aitchbee 17:23 24 Apr 2017

I now habitually point 'n' click my digital camera repeatedly at a subject [like a tree] knowing that there's a good chance of getting at least one or two good professional lookin' schnapps!

wee eddie 17:42 24 Apr 2017

HB, that's the spirit!

lotvic 18:12 24 Apr 2017

Yes, easy to do first time, but second time mind goes blank and I have no idea how I did the task.

Copious step-by-step notes/video/photos are now taken as a precaution.

Now, if only I could remember where I filed the notes/video/photos things wouldn't take half as long.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL