Mobile phones and cancer

carver 09:00 25 Jul 2008

I was reading this click here

and didn't realize just how young children start to use mobile phones until I read the bit about his top ten tips

click here

It's scary to think how they get the phone in the first place.

John B 09:21 25 Jul 2008

the second link seems to be a load of nonsense (in my opinion).

spuds 09:44 25 Jul 2008

The question regarding cellphone safety is an ongoing affair in some quarters. Some schools have now discontinued using radio masts ( a good extra revenue and funding gatherer) on their property, due to confusing expert reports.

Most police forces have a new telecommunications network, and in some quarters there are doubts about the possible medical side effects. I know my own local police force have had questions asked, when two police officers died through cancer related illnesses, and the use of mobile close contact communications equipment.

laurie53 19:52 25 Jul 2008

Here we go again.

Al94 20:23 25 Jul 2008

How about this click here ?

Forum Editor 22:47 25 Jul 2008

cautions mobile phone users should not to let a lack of evidence stop them from taking immediate action."

"We shouldn't wait for a definitive study to come out, but err on the side of being safe rather than sorry later,"

Ah, I see.... so no evidence,and no definitive study, despite years and years of scientific investigations, but we should all pay heed to what this man says, just because he's a cancer doctor......who bases his warnings on absolutely no evidence.

Stuartli 00:11 26 Jul 2008

In August 2000 I bought a Philips Savvy mobile phone for emergency purposes, which I used for some four years - the manual contains the warning in the Security Precautions section to:

"Avoid touching the antenna while a call is in progress.

"Do not use your phone if the antenna is damaged (risk of minor skin burn)."

Somewhat worrying, although I did only use it for emergency purposes.

Chegs ®™ 06:45 26 Jul 2008

Other recommendations include avoiding mobile phone use in public, "where you can passively expose others to your phone's electromagnetic fields."

Dear god,the mans a pillock.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?