misuse of computer?

wiz-king 21:13 14 Feb 2005

Here is a sad story. click here I know people write suicide notes but a Powerpoint presentation seem more than a little sad.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:32 14 Feb 2005

When somebody writes a sucide note on paper would you call that misuse?

It was his way he wanted to tell everybody.

It was a very sad story.

Ben.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:52 14 Feb 2005

The Onion is not a serious site, it is a joke site that tries to make 'humorous' sketches serious. It is a mickey-take ;-))))

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:55 14 Feb 2005

click here for more quirky humour. remember, just 'cause it's on the net does not guarantee any accuracy.

G

end 21:58 14 Feb 2005

the whole thing is very sad; especially that the Project Managger felt unable to share this with someone

as to "misuse of computer" ; that to me is irrelevent in this instance; am looking at the deeper issues here ::(((

end 22:02 14 Feb 2005

if, as some above posters suggest, it is a "micky-take", then in utterly "bad-taste":(

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 22:15 14 Feb 2005

This was not a funny joke whatso ever.

That is just such a horrible thing to joke about.

Ben

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:15 14 Feb 2005

The Onion has been going for years and is the American equivalent of Punch but with a current theme that tends to ridicule the way in which people view things and how seriously some people can be. I have been reading it for a couple of years and find it highly amusing. Putting it in context, they tend to lambast current beliefs and mind sets, for this it is priceless.

G

gudgulf 22:23 14 Feb 2005

Excellent site....it's in my bookmarks.

The fact that this has been taken seriously is a sad reflection on the way we work these days.How long before we have to send a Powerpoint presentation to the F.E. canvassing to become a member of the forum????? ;o{

stalion 22:23 14 Feb 2005

Makeing someone who has lost touch with reality and commited suicide the subject of ridicule is pretty sick and I can see no humour in it

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:26 14 Feb 2005

It is made up, the guy is not real..... /eyes raise. Anyone who has had to live through terminally dull PP presentations will see what the Onion are getting at.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)