The Mind Boggles at This

morddwyd 08:58 08 Feb 2019

According to the BBC, police had to be called out locally to deal with unruly crowds trying to buy the latest Nike trainers.

Good Grief!

I've never owned any trainers so what's the attraction? Can anybody shed some light? New is, perhaps, understandable with difficulty, but trainers?

wee eddie 09:02 08 Feb 2019

PR stunt?

BT 09:22 08 Feb 2019

I've never owned any trainers so what's the attraction

Its a collecting thing. People will pay silly prices for the latest designs.

I've worn trainers for many years for day to day footwear. Well fitting trainers are comfortable and support your feet well. Its not necessary to pay high prices however. Once you go over about £40 you are paying for the brand rather than better quality.

morddwyd 09:33 08 Feb 2019

wee eddie

Never even thought of that.

I'm just an innocent abroad!

I've no doubt they're comfortable and convenient. So are slippers and PJs, but I wouldn't go down the shop in them.

Belatucadrus 09:43 08 Feb 2019

Its a collecting thing.

Imelda Marcos eat your heart out.

No I don't get it either.

oresome 15:11 08 Feb 2019

You've got to give these large American companies credit where it's due.

An ability to design and then get something manufactured cheaply but spend lots on marketing to establish the brand and ensure the product can command a premium price.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?