Might you have been mis-sold PPI?

Old Deuteronomy 12:24 07 Aug 2018

At my wife's instigation I claimed and have just got a nice payout.

I didn't post this to boast but, to get people who think they may have a claim, to get on with it before it is too late when the deadline passes next year. Even if you get nothing you will know where you stand. You won't go past the deadline wondering "what if". Nothing to lose and, potentially, much to gain and there's no penalty for making an honest claim that is not upheld.

Forum Editor 22:43 07 Aug 2018

oresome

The point I was making is that buying a house with a mortgage is buying on credit.

lotvic 00:39 08 Aug 2018

I've downloaded forms for my PPI refund on a (long ago paid off) mortgage's life insurance PPI that I was told was 'compulsory' as part of the mortgage offer.

BT 09:02 09 Aug 2018

Abbey National 'sold' me a payment protection product when I got my Endowment Mortgage and I paid it for a while (less than a year) until I found that the conditions for the policy to pay out were so restrictive that the chances of actually getting anything were pretty slim so I cancelled it

The conditions of the Endowment itself meant that there would be a huge shortfall at term anyway, so I managed to pay off the loan early with the help of a legacy and various savings and by cashing in the endowment. I calculated that I eventually saved over £17,000 in Mortgage interest payments alone. In the long run I've come out well in pocket as the Life policy that formed the Endowment entitled me to a Share allotment from SunLife of Canada which pays me over £100(after Tax) in dividends 4 times a year and has been happening for nearly 20 years now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)