Michael Hesseltine speech at march

rickf 17:10 24 Mar 2019

Excellent speech at the march by Hesseletine, particularly the part about Churchill's concern of Britain being alone. click here

Quickbeam 06:18 25 Mar 2019

It's seen as either an enlightening revelation of the bloody obvious for the unconvinced, or the treasonous ramblings of an old has been from years back that hasn't kept up with things...

It doesn't really alter anyone's opinion, we're still divided.

Cymro. 11:00 25 Mar 2019

Anyone who can upset Margaret Thatcher as he did can't be all bad. I reckon he will go down in history as one of those best Prime Ministers we never had.

Quickbeam 11:07 25 Mar 2019

lol!

Forum Editor 14:42 25 Mar 2019

Michael Heseltine is a bit of a dinosaur, but he's a good public speaker. I was in the visitors' gallery of the House of Lords when he was on his feet speaking against the Brexit Bill. He spoke well, but wasn't successful. He's 84 now and it's probably time he left politics to others, but I doubt that he will.

rickf 17:18 25 Mar 2019

"He's 84 now and it's probably time he left politics to others, but I doubt that he will." Age has nothing to do with it. As long as he is compos mentis he should just carry on with what he believes. What ageism? A lot of older people have minds that are more agile than the present crop of young numbskulls.

Al94 17:29 25 Mar 2019

I doubt if today's EU would impress either Churchill or Margaret Thatcher. Understandably Michael Heseltine's views are out of date.

Cymro. 12:17 26 Mar 2019

A194bI doubt if today's EU would impress either Churchill or Margaret Thatcher. Churchill was a big fan of Europe and would have had us in the E.U. even sooner than Edward Heath as for Thatcher she had her chance to take us out but never did and I douby if Thacher would ever have put up with what May does from her M.Ps.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?