Lunar Eclipse in the wee small hours of the mornin

Aitchbee 21:41 27 Sep 2015

It might be worth a look.

click here

kad292 22:23 27 Sep 2015

I recall a moment when in the early eighties as i was finishing a night shift i witnessed just such a moment,i remember the huge size because it was as if i could have reached out my hand i could have touched it.

This occured early morning as the moon was receding,it was a very vivid moment made all the more special that at that time i was very interested in astronomy,

Quickbeam 07:21 28 Sep 2015

Too misty round here in the early hours for me to see anything.

Forum Editor 07:35 28 Sep 2015

I watched it. I had a clear view, and took a couple of not very good photographs. It was a pretty impressive sight.

BT 08:43 28 Sep 2015

Seriously under-impressed. Got up at 3am for the usual pee break and watched out of my kitchen window. The Moon didn't to me appear any bigger than usual. It appeared quite big early in the evening but as it got higher in the sky it seemed its usual size. I watched the progress of the eclipse until it was complete. Apart from the fact that the moon was visible in the shadow it didn't appear very 'red'.

spuds 08:53 28 Sep 2015

I also got up at about 3am, looked out the window and saw nothing. Hopefully, the local newspaper might have a report later today, to say whether I missed anything or not.

john bunyan 13:24 28 Sep 2015

I got up at about 3.10 and witnessed the last bit disappearing. Wish I had been earlier, as it was dark and nor very red by 3.30.

spuds 16:37 28 Sep 2015

Just read today's local news sheet, and not even peep about this early morning event!.

Nontek 16:43 28 Sep 2015

Watched it until about half-way through, but then my nice comfy bed was a bigger draw! Have a fairly decent pic, but .....

Oh dear, I have forgotten how to post pic here! Would appreciate some help! Yes, getting rather more Senior than I thought.

Nontek 17:33 28 Sep 2015

href Lunar Eclipse

Nontek 17:35 28 Sep 2015

[IMG][click here]1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

How to use Siri Shortcuts

Les meilleurs SSD