Looking on the bright side?

oresome 15:20 29 Dec 2016

I recognise myself as a grumpy old man, but this report from the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) makes depressing reading even to me.

click here

bumpkin 16:47 29 Dec 2016

Usual rubbish churned out by a so called Think Tank, just highly paid jobs for the boys.

Forum Editor 01:22 30 Dec 2016

bumpkin The Institute for Public Policy Research is a registered charity that has won many awards for its work. It is a broadly left-wing organisation, and has been instrumental in initiating some pretty far-reaching policies, one of which was the London Congestion Charging scheme.

In the early 1990s it published the report on the Commission on Social Justice, and later influenced thinking on devolution, elected mayors, and public service reforms.

I think it's unfair to talk of its research as "Usual rubbish churned out by a so called Think Tank, just highly paid jobs for the boys."

In 2015, one person was paid between £90,000 and 100,000 - one was paid between £80,000 and £90,000 and three were paid between £60,000 and £70,000. Not a pittance, but less than many directors of small companies for instance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch