# ... Long live our noble Queen .... #

Dragon_Heart 23:54 07 Sep 2015

This Wednesday on September 9th Her Majesty The Queen will be recognised as the longest reigning monarch, 63 years.

She has clocked up some air miles making her by far the most travelled monarch in British history, despite her not owning a passport !

It's her 90th Birthday next year and still going strong :-)

Dragon_Heart 15:57 10 Sep 2015

"I look forward to seeing publicity shots of Nicola Sturgeon and her new Bute House resident." who said anything about housing the refugee(s) at Bute House ?

For all you know she may have a portfolio of homes available to supply a room over someone's head !

Ungus 16:16 10 Sep 2015

Forum editor

Well there you are Charles now gets my vote and can come and live here all the time he can hunt, shoot and fish till his hearts content, however I am pretty sure that's not all they own up here. I have no idea how this thread has morphed into this from wishing HM all the best for her record but I still don't believe any future monarch would turn down being head of state in the event of an independent Scotland as it would be an honoury position just the same as she is honoury head of the Kirk in Scotland unlike in England where she is defender of the faith and head of the church and all the issues that brings for any monarch marrying a catholic. Just some more hypothetical discussion topics for future threads.

Forum Editor 16:43 10 Sep 2015

spider9

"the fact that you implied that her offer to accept refugees into her home was bogus (just a publicity stunt), means that you consider she was not being truthful in that offer - hence you are saying that she is not being honest?? What other explanation can there be?"

Well, there can be the factual one. rather than the one you've invented.

I said, in which I referred to her, "I'm simply referring to Nicola Sturgeon saying she will take in a refugee as a ridiculous publicity stunt."

In a previous post I said that her offer to take in a refugee was "a transparently silly publicity gesture"

Now, I repeat - please tell me how that meant I was calling her dishonest. It doesn't matter how many times you try you will not be able to do so, because neither a publicity stunt or a publicity gesture is an indication of dishonesty, and I suggest that you abandon the attempt to pretend otherwise.

National newspapers are on record as saying precisely the same thing, and I have yet to hear of any actions for defamation as a result.

As I said earlier, I look forward to seeing photographs of Nicola welcoming her refugee/migrant guest.

Forum Editor 16:49 10 Sep 2015

Dragon_Heart

As far as I'm aware she doesn't have a 'portfolio' of homes. She has a modern detached house in Glasgow, and I'm sure her refugee/migrant guest would be just as comfortable there.

Dragon_Heart 18:01 10 Sep 2015

But as I said who said anything about housing the refugee(s) at Bute House ?

I'm sure her refugee / migrant guest would be happy to have any solid roof over his ) her head !

"National newspapers are on record as saying precisely the same thing, and I have yet to hear of any actions for defamation as a result." perhaps IDG / you will be the first ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)