Lollypop man resigns because of PC brigade!!

Brumas 18:06 13 Feb 2018
Answered

Do you not think all this ‘PC’ business has got out of hand? My brother Bryan has done this job for nigh on 20 years and nobody has ever complained but, because one or two people have taken umbrage over his ‘high fives’ (which incidentally all the kids loved) he resigned rather then give in to the minority.

I don’t watch day time TV but my sister emailed me on Sunday from Hull telling me to watch ‘This Morning’ on Monday to get the full facts, which I did and was glad I did. I had been following the story in the Hull Daily Mail online since it broke and now realised how stupid East Riding council really were!

It is getting to the stage now where if a toddler fell and tripped in front of me I would think twice before picking the child up and comforted it in case I was reported for trying to abduct it! I love kids, my grandchildren are nearly 3 year old and I play rough and tumble with them and they love it.

click here

Gordon Freeman 18:09 13 Feb 2018

Totally agree with your thoughts. I think this was one of two such decisions taken last week, although maybe not the same council. Shame really if we're at this stage with things.

alanrwood 19:24 13 Feb 2018

How ridiculous.

Macscouse 23:13 13 Feb 2018

Brumas

The Long haired one and I have been following this story. I didn't know he was your brother. Why are we allowing this takeover from these saddos?. I'd hate to be in his shoes when he goes to work.

Old Deuteronomy 09:36 14 Feb 2018

If it was up to me, the complainers would would be named and exposed to ridicule...

Teabag. 10:05 14 Feb 2018

If it was up to me, the complainers would would be named

one was " Gary Thompson "

he was concerned about his son being tapped on the head with the lolly stick, as his son suffers from epilepsy, you can see why.

he has now taken his son out of school.

and now realised how stupid East Riding council really were!

**East Riding of Yorkshire Council has said that investigations were launched after complaints were made about Bryan’s conduct. However, none of these were upheld.**

so they investigated the complaint and found nothing wrong. As far as they were concerned he was still able to do his job.

Brumas 10:18 14 Feb 2018

Teabag., there was no way my brother would have tapped a child, suffering from epilepsy, on the head - our late brother Robin was an epileptic!!

Teabag. 10:31 14 Feb 2018

Just commenting from the same source you posted.

My eldest daughter passed away from an epilepsy attack.

Teabag. 10:36 14 Feb 2018

Sorry. Forgot to post the link in the HDM.

enter link description here

Old Deuteronomy 11:56 14 Feb 2018

one was " Gary Thompson " he was concerned about his son being tapped on the head with the lolly stick, as his son suffers from epilepsy, you can see why.

Why didn't he just speak to the lollipop man and explain about the epilepsy?

Forum Editor 12:17 14 Feb 2018

The thing about pendulums is that they have to reach the top of their swing before they can start to swing back.

Wit any luck, the PC pendulum doesn't have much farther to go before it starts its return swing.

Everyday functioning in our society has become a nightmare of negotiating your way through the various forbidden territories, and it shouldn't be like that. There are some pretty obvious areas on which we need to focus - racism, sexism, religious intolerance and child cruelty for instance but otherwise it's high time we allowed ourselves to live in a less oppressive framework.

High-fiving schoolchildren seems to me to be about the least offensive or dangerous habit there is for a lollipop man. Please reassure your brother that there are still plenty of us who haven't totally lost the ability to use our commonsense.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple