LED lighting and your experiences of it

bumpkin 21:00 17 Sep 2015

I have been trying it out for a few months and am impressed with it so I ordered 12 more bulbs 9Watt but when they came they are huge things that won't fit where an incandescent or one of the low energy flourescent (useless) things would. I have changed a lot around with the smaller initial ones that I bought and managed to fit 5 of them, the others I hope will fit in my outside lights but not over confident. Has anyone else had this issue.

Dragon_Heart 23:25 17 Sep 2015

I know some LED replacement 'bulbs' for domestic floodlights are a tight fit.

Used LED bulbs for my PC desk lamp and fish tank light. Also used in bathroom as it's instant with no warm up.

I would have liked to have fitted one in the living room fan / light but too little room between base of screw fitting and dome that covers lamp.

Have been able to source some smaller bulbs but off internet only.

Dragon_Heart 00:41 18 Sep 2015

Golf Ball bulbs like this are available but most I have found are the screw type not bayonet :-(

bumpkin 10:19 18 Sep 2015

Thanks for the link, unfortunately they are not bright enough for my liking. It maybe the fact that I ordered 9watt (90 equiv) that they are so big, I think my first batch which are smaller were 7W. I can find a use for them anyway sheds/garage etc. In future I will check the physical size before ordering and may have to settle for 7W ones for some fittings.

bumpkin 17:03 18 Sep 2015

I am beginning to wish that I had never posted this thread, all I get now is ads for bloody light bulbs every time I look in.

BT 17:44 18 Sep 2015

all I get now is ads for bloody light bulbs every time I look in.

Adblock stops this

Bazzaman 18:08 18 Sep 2015

I bought 3w LEDs to replace the 35w Halogen GU10s in my kitchen (8 of them) as 35 x 8 = 280 (and was originally 50 x 8). The first lot I bought did not last more than 6 - 12 months (so VERY expensive). I persevered with the supplier and got them to send out replacements which have lasted now very well and I'm more than happy with them. They are the type with a large number (58) of small individual LED elements (see click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)