Leavers- hope you are pleased still

john bunyan 22:52 30 Jul 2019
Answered

The exchange rate is dreadful:

exchange rates

This will cause rises in fuel and many other things. A no deal Brexit is a disaster for so many ( just for example sheep farmers facing 40% tariffs and potential wipe out; Vauxall may move away from Ellsmere Port; many other huge problems. Gove says Government is working on the assumption of no deal; Scotland very likely to press for independence.

Not wishing to sound “cup half empty “ but do Leavers really accept that a No Deal is worth it?

Labour is now virtually a Marxist Party and Tories have been taken over by a hard right faction. The worst political situation I can remember. An election would most likely result in a hung Parliament again. I’m sure FE will say all is well etc, but I am depressed.

Quickbeam 06:44 04 Aug 2019

Reading this, I can't help but compare it with the satirical Blazing saddle line, 'Nobody move! Or the dark skinned gentleman gets it.'

Or it was something very similar to that...

Quickbeam 08:06 04 Aug 2019

And reading this, which would have been one of our main new income streams to deal with profits earned here not being available to us to tax and spend here, and along with the politely denied intention to seek NHS services access among other non-starters, scuppers that notion of a quick free trade deal with the USA.

An ordered Brexit is one thing, it was something that had started to become accepted as inevitable in the spring until the two factions within our Parliament that wanted the May deal to fail for their own small interest ends.

But a no deal crash out that leaves us with no strong and stable trading relationship with anyone overnight is by far the greater threat to our democracy, that would be carried out in the name of democracy whilst wearing jester's motley.

There are 4 options. No deal and revoke at the extremities would causing massive civil unrest.

May's deal or the softer Labour deal that are inboard of the extremes, they too would cause a restless mumbling in the bus stop queues of Britain, but are the only real options that can be considered to offer a compromise, and a compromise is the only option that can undivide the country.

Like it or lump it, there will be no winners, Brexit can only create losers. Even among those that demand a no deal, they too would find themselves in the losers enclosure as a country with no trade deals has to suddenly come to terms with manufacturing that's geared up for the current trading climate within the EU and overnight has no right to sell it's products tariff free as at present.

Trade deals 10 years down the line are too late, the economic damage would be irreversible in that time.

morddwyd 09:15 04 Aug 2019

JB

* Do you think we actually will?*

Well, everyone's against it except the voters!

Bit of a conundrum for the politicians.

john bunyan 11:02 04 Aug 2019

morddwyd

The majority of the voters in your adopted country voted to stay, and may well trigger an Independence 2nd Referendum if a “No deal “ goes through.....

morddwyd 19:33 04 Aug 2019

Leave, deal or no deal, May well trigger it anyway.

In Scotland Boris Johnson is regarded in much the same light as Margaret Thatcher.

Quickbeam 19:51 04 Aug 2019

I take it that they may not necessarily hold Thatcher in the same high esteem as yourself then!

morddwyd 09:19 05 Aug 2019

That would be a reasonable assumption!

Quickbeam 06:57 07 Aug 2019

It seems that I'm not the only one to spot the Blazing Saddles parallel...

Brexit is resolved.

rickf 08:32 07 Aug 2019

It seems that I'm not the only one to spot the Blazing Saddles parallel.

Same as suicide by cop then. All going swimmingly well.

morddwyd 09:13 07 Aug 2019

I note this morning that food suppliers want the competition laws suspended so that they can get together and plan how to continue to provide a Good service.

Yeah, right!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Apple unveils first ‘pro’ iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max

InDesign at 20: how Adobe beat Quark to become the graphic design tool of choice

iPhone 11 Pro confirmed: Release date, price & specs

Les meilleures montres connectées (2019)