At last the public being listened to.

rickf 09:06 09 Jan 2018

click here Young resigns with May trying to defend the indefensible.

Toby

Cymro. 10:42 09 Jan 2018

rickf At last the public being listened to.

As they were listened to re. BREXIT?

rickf 11:03 09 Jan 2018

That is yet to come. The argument now is what type of Brexit do we want.

Cymro. 12:17 09 Jan 2018

rickf what type of Brexit do we want.

One that is as similar to if there had never been a BREXIT

alanrwood 14:08 09 Jan 2018

The link does not seem to work.

Old Deuteronomy 15:43 09 Jan 2018

As they were listened to re. BREXIT?

Brexit is nothing to do with what the public want and everything to do with the Tories wanting out of Europe, ever since Thatcher's day.

Forum Editor 18:03 09 Jan 2018

Old Deuteronomy

"Brexit is nothing to do with what the public want and everything to do with the Tories wanting out of Europe, ever since Thatcher's day."

Excuse me? Not as far as government policy is concerned.

John Major's government policy - pro Europe

David Cameron's government policy - pro Europe

Theresa May - Pro remain before she became Prime Minister.

British citizens voted to leave the EU, and lots of them were certainly not Tories.

john bunyan 11:30 10 Jan 2018

I was a remainer, and that course was recommended by all major parties, including the Tories at the time of the referendum. However the public voted to leave. Anyone with an ounce of sense must have realised that meant leaving the custom union and single market if we want to have border controls. The referendum result was clear, and now Theresa May and the Government are simply trying to carry out the wishes of the public. Labour, in theory, have the same view - I only wish there could be cross party agreement on the issue.

Forum Editor 11:41 10 Jan 2018

I only wish there could be cross party agreement on the issue.

I agree, and in a way there is agreement - Labour endorses abiding by the referendum result. The differences are over methodology, the structuring of the final agreement with the EU.

Those people who voted to remain are understandably disappointed, but I just wish they could find it in themselves to stop banging on about what a terrible decision their fellow citizens made. It's as if they think they have some deeper insight, that their view of it is the right one and everyone who voted to leave is too stupid to understand that. It's an incredibly arrogant, sour grapes attitude.

The decision was made a long time ago. We should all respect the fact, and get on with thinking about our national future. Unfortunately, the opposition party is doing what opposition parties do - they try to find ways to discredit the government and bring about its demise, in the hope they can gain power. That's fine under normal circumstances - democracies are based on having strong opposition politics - but when something as crucial to our future as this comes along it would be helpful if we could all pull together on it.

Cymro. 11:54 11 Jan 2018

You surprise me Forum Editor

You give the impression of supporting BREXIT. Still only time will tell I suppose. Personally I have always been pro EU. Before you ask F.E. your apparent support for BREXIT surprises me because I always thought you to be a pragmatist and pulling out of the E.U. is about the least pragmatic thing we could do.

rickf 12:47 11 Jan 2018

Let's have a 2nd referendum to put an end to this, one way or the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?