Lack of rain

carver 18:37 18 Aug 2011
Answered

In Sheffield we have hardly had any rain for weeks and the grass in the fields are desperate for it and these lucky people get it all http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16052374 , yet again it seems the the South of England want it all.

Why don't they just share it out a bit more instead of taking every thing.

Edbanger 19:27 18 Aug 2011

Look over the Pennines to Gods country, we have had a lot more rain than normal.

Strawballs 19:32 18 Aug 2011

So much for us down south getting everything :-)

Aitchbee 19:48 18 Aug 2011

The little notch on my umbrella that keeps it up, has worn out because it has been raining so much in Glasgow this summer.

Aitchbee 21:24 18 Aug 2011

I hope the rain-water drains can handle the deluge.

Brumas 22:12 18 Aug 2011

We've had so much rain, for so long here in North Northumberland, that I am seriously thinking of building an ark!!

carver 22:34 18 Aug 2011

As I said in my first post we have had nothing to speak off in the past 6 weeks where I live, it's right on the Yorkshire , Derbyshire border. We have just had a field cleared and rotavated and the soil is more like dust, it's more like walking on sand than soil.

The grass in our garden has not been cut for nearly 3 weeks (not because I'm lazy) in that time it's only grown about an 1 inch.

So why are you lot hogging all the water.

Forum Editor 23:17 18 Aug 2011

No lack of rain in my neck of the woods this evening - we had a torrential downpour, and a couple of cracks of thunder.

Quickbeam 07:34 19 Aug 2011

We had some heavy rain at the correct time for rain - after midnight.

natdoor 08:02 19 Aug 2011

No rain fell on South East England and East anglia for the whole of April and May. You are lucky to have any grass on your lawn. Farmers in these areas havelost millions of pounds due to the lack of rain in those months. So stop moaning and enjoy the fine weather.

carver 08:21 19 Aug 2011

natdoor if it was just a garden I would not be bothered, it's 10 acres of grazing land for the horses + another acre I have just had cleared, rotavated and seeded at a cost of £1000.00.

Unless we get some of that rain every body else is hogging I will have 11 acres of dust.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)