Hot Topics

Labour to back BJ's GE call, game on.

rickf 11:28 29 Oct 2019

This is going to be so unpredictable and Labour might just sneaked in and Bojo may well be the shortest serving PM of our time. It's all up for grabs now.

Govan1x 12:08 29 Oct 2019

Bojo may well be the shortest serving PM of our time.

Well the Bookies don't think so, Tory's odds on to win. That of course does not mean that they will.

That means the brexit party will be standing at the election and labour and the lib dems should loose a lot of votes to them, maybe not enough to win but maybe enough for the tory party to win.

It is all going to be interesting everyone knows if they want the Tory deal or no deal they have to vote for them. Nothing but an overall majority is any good to them unless of course the brexit party wins quite a few seats.

The Tory party will be well aware that they are likely to loose quite a few seats in Scotland.

I have lost my vote by changing houses but on the News this morning it seems that there is a view that all people over 70 should not be able to vote in general elections in the future.

I just wonder who thinks up those idiotic ideas.

QuizMan 15:02 29 Oct 2019

Teresa May had a comfortable lead to, but then Labour conjured up a slick campaign so nothing will be taken for granted.

"All people over 70 should not be able to vote in general elections in the future". Probably a precursor to U16/17 getting a vote.

rickf 16:44 29 Oct 2019

I don't think Bojo will get a majority if he does win, hope not anyway. Probably end up in a hung parliament again.

Quickbeam 17:25 29 Oct 2019

I predict that...

This will be the most aggressive election ever.

But I won’t bother predicting who might win, it’s wide open. One of the radio pundits this morning said that there would be over 100 MPs not from the big two parties, and they would be more unpredictable than any are now!

Quickbeam 22:05 29 Oct 2019

On checking why we had an election in 1923,, there are a lot of similarities to now... enter link description here

Forum Editor 22:50 29 Oct 2019

At least we can discuss something slightly different for a few weeks.

Teabag. 22:57 29 Oct 2019

The election is on Thursday the 12th.

And the result will be announced on

Friday the 13th.

Anyone superstitious?

LOL

Quickbeam 06:37 30 Oct 2019

Ohhh... I missed that connection Teabag...

rickf 09:13 30 Oct 2019

Bad omen for the Tories?

john bunyan 09:30 30 Oct 2019

A bit of a waste of time as a hung Parliament is the most likely outcome.

HB:

How are the odds?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

You've watched Parasite, now read the storyboards in comic book form

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures lumières connectées (2020)